Finally. New firmware and new app.

You should format your micro sd card with 70MaiPro first, then copy update folder(and everything inside that) from zipfile to root of card(do not let Windows/OS do anything with your card, some system show that need to fix drive just ignore it)
I already tested it and work fine.

I also disappointed that speed/location show only in app/camera. But not embedded in video.
OK, i'll try that.

Meanwhile, it's possible to make this dashcam to switch wifi from AP to workstation? When phone is connected to it, i lose internet connection and i don't want this.

Only can see gps coordinate and speed while playback video in album @@. They are crazy funny lolz. Ok fine with the coordinate but why not the speed

Only can see gps coordinate and speed while playback video in album @@. They are crazy funny lolz. Ok fine with the coordinate but why not the speed
I was hoping for some data embed into video file but this looks like GPS data is stored somewhere in the app files, and is overlayed in the gallery.

The new software 1.0.5na is useless.
I'm very disappointed.
The GPS data and Km/h are not stored in the video.
That's why the update is unfortunately a flop.
Too bad, but so it won't be anything.(n)

Last edited:
The orange speed on video is a FAKE. It's authors idea how it should look according to his wishes.

Wifi connection between your phone and the camera is needed for viewing gallery, downloading files and changing firmware. You don't need it for normal daily operation of camera. Switch off wifi autoconnection. In case you really need it - connect manually.

Wifi connection between your phone and the camera is needed for viewing gallery, downloading files and changing firmware. You don't need it for normal daily operation of camera. Switch off wifi autoconnection. In case you really need it - connect manually.

I think what @vladurash meant is that he wants WiFi to stay connected for viewing, downloading etc from the app, but still have the phone connected to the mobile network for data connection. For me my Samsung Galaxy S9+ disconnects from the internet when connected to the 70mai WiFi. There's a setting on the Galaxy S9+ to enable mobile data if it senses no internet connection coming from the WiFi, but enabling this option effectively also stops the 70mai to app connection.

Not ideal but has anyone considered using Garmin VIRB editor to overlay the data? In the meantime, I hope the firmware (or app), will be updated to embed the data in video files automatically.

There are problems with updating english firmware 1.04na to 1.05na via OTA. I did it manually, here is the LINK to firmware file.
1. unpack zip
2. put whole "update" folder into root of sdcard
3. while holding the 4th button (1st from the right) press the long button, wait for camera turning on and update message
4. wait some 20 sec. until screen goes out.
5. delete "update" folder from sdcard

Greeting @Vietnam,
It's greatly appreciated for your update file. I have tried a couple times but I always got failed. Below are what I did to update mine:
1. Download your file.
2. Format SD card using 70maipro.
3. Unzip and copy over the "update" folder to SD card ( tried with create new "root" folder or just put the "update" folder in or copy over all files in "update" folder into SD card )
4. While holding the 4th button, press the long button.
5. Screen appears updating message then immediately turn to failed.

Could you please advise if I made something wrong with this procedure?

Thank you in advance!
Regards.

Hi, I contacted 70mai and they said they cant promise that new information will be embedded in the video in the future but they are working on it

I was thinking about getting the gps module, but if they can't embed the info, then what's the point?

I was thinking about getting the gps module, but if they can't embed the info, then what's the point?
Same here. Guess that I will on hold the GPS module purchase until it is embed in the video itself.

Back