Finding a reliable dashcam

Miljankg

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Hi everyone,

I would assume that many people are asking similar things in these kinds of threads. Sorry if this is repetitive. I did some research but could not find the answer to my question, which is:

Is there a reliable dash cam? My top priority is that the dash cam works and that it records whatever happens (not talking about super big crashes or military-grade reliability). If the plates are not 100% visible, that is ok if I can prove that I am not at fault (for my insurance). Cloud and similar features are not really important to me. Parking mode is nice to have if possible. To list out my priorities:
  1. Reliability (with a good sd card, of course) - This means that the cam records reliably, without skipping, crashing, restarting for no reason.
  2. Video quality (just to the point that it is clearly visible what has happened, license plans may not always be visible)
  3. Parking mode is nice to have.
Two-channel cams (front and rear) or some 1ch cam that I can buy separately for front and rear would be nice. I live in central Europe, summer temps are peaking at around 30 degrees Celsius.

I saw that a lot of people are recommending Viofo, but a lot of them are saying that they have many issues with it, and I am not keen on getting it because of that, as it does not fit my reliability requirement.

Would you have a suggestion? The budget is up 500 dollars/euros.

Thanks in advance!

Would you have a suggestion? The budget is up 500 dollars/euros.
Street Guardian SGGCX2Pro+ with optional rear camera or SG9663DCPro+. Both have been super reliable for me, and designed for Australian heat, and support is outstanding.

Back