FineVu CR-2000S WDR 2Ch FullHD + FullHD / 30Fps

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Korean manufacturer FeneDigital is preparing to release a new model of a two-channel Dash Camera FineVu CR-2000S. It is known that this novice will record video in Full HD quality at 30 frames per second per each channel. More detailed specifications are not yet known, the appearance on the market of the DVR FineVu CR-2000S is expected in late December 2013.

FineVu_CR-2000S.jpg

Added 07 / 12 / 13

Below added more info after announcement on navinside website

I used a Google translator, so there might be some grammar mistakes in my translation.

Looks like it will be available in white and black.

2.jpg

7317316888.1.20131206151642.jpg

Features:

- the first in Korea front / rear camera with Sony CMOS Sensor
- Front-to-back set of the individual brightness crisp picture quality possible even at night
- all scenes are recorded in real-time over wide 3.5-inch LCD screen can be viewed.
- number-plates readings and other things improved dramatically ZOOM distinctive features intact while applying a clear picture can be taken to expand.
- also, do not lose clarity in backlit situations blue filter applied to high-resolution camera with WDR function level implementation.
- recording is possible in addition to start-up and at the same time to make the initial boot-up time less than 15 seconds to boot to enable quick implementation reduces the Real Time OS and does not want to delete the image can be moved aside my folder, etc.
- Sony CMOS Sensor First I / rear is equipped with all the lack of illumination at night were vivid picture quality.
- shooting angle of 115 degrees horizontal field of view, distortion-free wide visibility even at night
- also Dual memory card support for SD card more driving and parking where video images can be stored on a memory card separately. Main use of recording capacity can be adjusted and stored.
- Battery power is low power design at the front and rear camera and LCD operating at their maximum power consumption of only 4.5W.

From my post #7 picture can see GPS symbol on top of the device, so I assume that this series will also have GPS logger function, which was not mentioned in the announcement. I hope it will be built-in GPS antenna ( we will see ).

Finevu CR-2000S 'the ▲ 16GB 369,000 원 won ( 350USD ) ▲ 32GB 399,000 ( 377USD ) basic package includes a main body, holder, car cigar Code, Micro SDHC Card (16GB or 32GB), ( www.navinside.com )

Added 07 / 12 / 13:

According to navinside.ru website below are confirmed Specifications:

This recorder is equipped with premium sensor from Sony 2.4px technology to support WDR (wide dynamic range), and it is both cameras have a matrix, unlike other Korean competitors.

Features:

1. Supports WDR to lighten dark objects and dimming illumination, software Blue Filter
  2. Dual SD card - Supports two slots microSD and SD, the second card is written in the mode of all videos PARKING
  3. Diagonal Angle of view is 136gr
  4. Built-in GPS receiver
  5. Memory Cards Toshiba Exceria 30mbit/s
  6. Connecting cable microUSB between cameras
  7. Built-in protection against overheating and cooling
  8. Consumption of only about 4.5-5W
  9. Records in FullHD-FullHD resolution at 30 frames per second per camera, which is a very decent results. In addition, the company is the first DVR with screen LCD, 3.5 inch, with which you can configure the settings, and view recorded videos
  10. Outer side has a circular light emitting diode which can be turned off if necessary
  11. But there was a "big surprise" when Finevu announced first release will have front camera unit in white ( mikly colour ) and rear in black. ! This colour scheme, as shown, is very controversial. But we are confident that it will soon be released and model in black, as is usually the case with this brand.
Home camera has dimensions of 98x68x34 and weighs 163gr and the second - only 41gr, with dimensions of 36x36x36. Retail price in Korea is about $ 330 USD for the 16GB version. The novelty is already available for pre-order, shipping on 10 December 2013.

Some fresh YouTube videos:

Below is so called "security warning LED" video which can be turned off:

Last edited:
Their other dash cams use TI ( Texas Instruments ), at least Flagship CR-500 uses it.

Their other dash cams use TI ( Texas Instruments ), at least Flagship CR-500 uses it.

not aware of any newer TI chipset (developers tend to stick with what they know) for 2 x 1080p, maybe they've gone with a different solution though, or it's something new that hasn't been announced as yet maybe, not sure

Even if TI would had developed "secretly" recently new generation cpu, it is too short time for Finevu to develop and produce new product and releas it in few weeks.
There for I guess it must be a different solution. Maybe they took decisdion to use new solution after few recent Finevu 2ch project were failure due to TI could handle only FullHD 15-20 fps front and 720p 10-15Fps rear, with low bit-rate. But all my guesses are speculative.
I will keep eye on Korean forums for more new info leaks.

They also posted new release "coming soon" photo on main FineVu website, but it is strange that they blurred ( removed ) front lens, - marketing trick ? :)

b2.jpg

maybe they haven't finalised their design or hardware choice

maybe you right, but as per their announcement, it should be released in 3 weeks. It's going to be too tight for them to meet promising dates and usually if "you" do things in a hurry, - thats no good. So hope they have all major design and hardware finished and maybe this is just a marketing trick ( cover up front fascia ) just to rise pulse for customers and gain more interest ;) . This type of marketing trick is well known in the past ( and present ).

More info added ( features and price ) into my first post.

New info and pictures emerged today

CR2000S_1.jpg
CR2000S_6.jpg
CR2000S_9.jpg
CR2000S_10.jpg
CR2000S_11.jpg
CR2000S_12.jpg
CR2000S_13.jpg
CR2000S_14.jpg
CR2000S_15.jpg
CR2000S_19.jpg

Physical view ( real life )

At night its better than new Cowon AF2:

Some recent videos:

Browsing trough some Korean forums / blogs I put together some additional pictures. It is hard to translate, because in majority they like to write on photos ( jpeg ), so direct Google translator does not work.
Still, from pictures can find a lot of useful info ( unboxing, real photos, macro photos, mounted in car etc. )

Finevu CR-2000S (1).jpg

Finevu CR-2000S (2).jpg

Finevu CR-2000S (3).jpg

Finevu CR-2000S (4).jpg

Finevu CR-2000S (5).jpg

Finevu CR-2000S (6).jpg

Finevu CR-2000S (7).jpg

Finevu CR-2000S (8).jpg

Finevu CR-2000S (9).jpg

Finevu CR-2000S (10).jpg

From Navinside forum / blog I found below photos and Google translated some comments below photos. They may not be grammatically correct, but meaning should be understandable.

Pay attention on 4 holes at the front near lens. Those I guess are vent holes to release heat from CMOS sensor and create free air-flow for quicker heat dissipation. Good idea Finevu !

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

a9.jpg

From last picture I can see Finevu offering a supposedly a CPL filter, I guess.

ambrella, I have involved ...but it will be replace to zoran within few month.

If both channels same time 1080p / 30fps, it should be Ambarella A7 ?!
Interesting, why they chose to change to Zoran ( Coach ? )

a7 have heat issue....Now, I am cooperating with that company...So I know details. Still now s-2000 no problem. But nobody know the stability.
I find the ways to make 4 channel full hd 30 frame by using zoran. Anyway, I also hope to have good reputation on s2000.

A7 has heat issues, A7-LA is a different architecture altogether

a7 have heat issue....Now, I am cooperating with that company...So I know details. Still now s-2000 no problem. But nobody know the stability.
I find the ways to make 4 channel full hd 30 frame by using zoran. Anyway, I also hope to have good reputation on s2000.

I follow navinside / danawa forum in Korean, no issues reported on CR-2000S, however it is early to say, it has been only 1 week out there for tests.

Back