FineVu CR-2000S WDR 2Ch FullHD + FullHD / 30Fps

I sure like the look of the rear cam, wish more DCs looked like that.

Interesting that they justify the use of white as a heat reflector for the front cam , but then throw that logic out the window by having a black cam in the rear. :rolleyes:

People in hot climates often have tinted windows, not the front screen though

I talked to Alex from blackboxmycar. He's awaiting a demo unit to review before he starts to sell them. Expect to see them soon. Also, I've talk to a dealer from amazon. They also confirm the English version is coming in march and will be ready to sale.

Also talked to Alex and am waiting for him to start selling them.

Just not so sure about the front main cam being white as it is too visible for my liking. I know some people like it to be 100% visible to others but for me I think making it too visible only attracts thieves to smash and grab it just like GPS units left on the windscreen.

Alex has posted he has received his demo unit and the North American units will be black not the current white. It should not be to long now before we see the first shipments. Provided that it pass's Alex's testing phase.

Alex from blackboxmycar have posted a unboxing video of this unit. The main unit looks bulky - comparable to the Vico TF2.

Alex has posted he has received his demo unit and the North American units will be black not the current white. It should not be to long now before we see the first shipments. Provided that it pass's Alex's testing phase.
will be black ??any pics? it's good news 4 me.

For those who are curious how the US version will look like.

Just for the price 16GB $330 32GB $355 at ohmyblackbox.com It is best one.

I talked to Alex from blackboxmycar. He's awaiting a demo unit to review before he starts to sell them. Expect to see them soon. Also, I've talk to a dealer from amazon. They also confirm the English version is coming in march and will be ready to sale.
still no english ver. released...

Also talked to Alex and am waiting for him to start selling them.

Just not so sure about the front main cam being white as it is too visible for my liking. I know some people like it to be 100% visible to others but for me I think making it too visible only attracts thieves to smash and grab it just like GPS units left on the windscreen.

Alex from blackboxmycar have posted a unboxing video of this unit. The main unit looks bulky - comparable to the Vico TF2.

still no english ver. released...

Has anyone else ordered from this place? Is it a legitimate source?

Hey guys! sorry for the very late reply.

As some of you guys have seen already, we do have the brief review and comparison videos for the Korean CR2000S unit that we have here:

We just finished up a write-up on the CR2000S which should be on our site by the end of this week.

As for questions about the North American version of the CR2000S, there is still no word on a solid release date for us. However, I can confirm that it is black, and from what I gather, I belive the new CR2000G will be the unit we will be getting for North America, with added features such as the built in GPS.

Let me know if you guys have any questions!

-Cris

Some major 'bending' of images, at 1:10 - 1:14 (CCTV Building). This is on the third video (total time of video 1:26). This aspect has not been corrected. Irrespective of the 'distortion' the video seems somewhat improved. Not at all impressed with night video. Clarity is present but moving images are blurred. There has been no change at this point.

More or less all dashcams have blurry night footage ( motion blur )
The reason is the cameras UP ISO value and drop shutter speed to 1/30 second to get somewhat useable footage, it will remain so untill we get much more light sensetive CMOS chips in the cameras.

The bending you mention i assume is the fisheye effect, the reason for this is the ultra wide angle lenses that seem to be so popular for some reason.
Dont know why it is that way, i have never seen a dashcam clip on the interweb witch is soly useable due to the wide angle.

120 Deg lens is plenty in my book, 160 - 180 deg lenses are just insane.

More or less all dashcams have blurry night footage ( motion blur )
The reason is the cameras UP ISO value and drop shutter speed to 1/30 second to get somewhat useable footage, it will remain so untill we get much more light sensetive CMOS chips in the cameras.

The bending you mention i assume is the fisheye effect, the reason for this is the ultra wide angle lenses that seem to be so popular for some reason.
Dont know why it is that way, i have never seen a dashcam clip on the interweb witch is soly useable due to the wide angle.

120 Deg lens is plenty in my book, 160 - 180 deg lenses are just insane.

Yes, totally agree with you. I'm looking at the Ambarella A7LA50. Seems to be about the best thing out there. Do you have any knowledge on the new video format HEVC > which supposedly doubles video compression.

No, i know of HEVC but thats allso it, i have allways been more of a hardware guy when it comes to my intrests.

No, i know of HEVC but thats allso it, i have allways been more of a hardware guy when it comes to my intrests.

Same here, speaking of hardware. However, the software is crucial, and finicky software would render any quality piece useless. The .265 is supposedly the next version as compared to the .264, "not caliber", coding. We believe that the most important aspect would be the bitrate. Unfortunately, today one must be proficient with software. Most everything today is controlled by sensors, coupled with software. So, in this respect, software is highly relevant, whereas the hardware has taken second place.

Back