BlackboxMyCar

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Thinkware, BlackVue, VIOFO, FineVu, Nextbase, Vantrue & More
Hey guys,

Heres a lengthy video that has some good details and information about the CR2000S

We will be getting the North American version of this unit quite soon. Please PM me if you would like to be put on the waiting list for this product!

How reliable it is on the long term use lets say 2-3 month, resistance to heat, bugs, etc ?

Nice video.
I think most ppl dont mind having things stuck to ther windscreen, and more or less blocking it and obstructing view.
A whole lot of ppl here in DK have cellphone docks and /or GPS units on the window, and all manor of things hanging from the rear viewmirror.

But the law here say you cant have even Little Things obstructing view out the windscreen, ppl just ignore that law as the police dont uphold it.

I am not sure, but i think the fine for blocking view is 1000 DKkr

How reliable it is on the long term use lets say 2-3 month, resistance to heat, bugs, etc ?

Hey niko! Thanks for asking some questions that Alex totally forgot to mention in his video. With that said, here are his responses to your questions!

"1) Resistance to heat -For the months I had it, the weather was pretty chill. Not cold, not hot so hard to say for now. -However, I took it to Leavenworth 2 wks ago, drove over 5 hrs straight and total of over 10+ hours, CR2000S never crashed (front and rear). -Leavenworth was quite hot and dry, yet parking mode worked just fine. Video quality didn't change. -btw for the whole trip, i had my lcd screen on for my trip. didn't matter. everything worked just fine.

2) Bugs -Nope. But mine is updated to the most recent firmware (in Korean btw) -Very first initial devices, had some bugs, but with firmware update, these bugs have been fixed. At least on my unit, I didn't see any bugs -Most importantly, upto this moment, rear camera didn't crash

3)New update -FineVu decided not to bring CR2000S over to North America. They are going to be bringing CR2000G and it will be in 400ish range.

I do have a complaint for this device though. Being a car guy, I really want the parking mode. I don't mind having the dashcam inside my vehicle at all, but this one stands out quite a bit. So far, I felt like CR500HD, Blackvue, and even Lukas devices blended really nicely along the interior. However, this LCD dash cams really don't blend into the car's overall interior. Many people just want to install it and really just forget about the dash cam installed in the front, But theres no way this unit will blend nor stay out of your sight."

-Alex

Nice video.
I think most ppl dont mind having things stuck to ther windscreen, and more or less blocking it and obstructing view.
A whole lot of ppl here in DK have cellphone docks and /or GPS units on the window, and all manor of things hanging from the rear viewmirror.

But the law here say you cant have even Little Things obstructing view out the windscreen, ppl just ignore that law as the police dont uphold it.

I am not sure, but i think the fine for blocking view is 1000 DKkr

I agree with you. I personally really like how the CR2000S looks. I like how its right in your face, and that circular LED really entices me :D.

However, I understand how Alex and other people might be turned off by it. In North America, our dashcam culture is quite different from Korea. Whereas in Korea, everyone wants to notify everyone else that they have a dashcam, in North America it is the opposite of that. They want their dashcams to be hidden and not noticeable, which is probably why the CR2000S won't appeal to everyone

Back