FineVU CR500HD Recording in 1080 mode

mindcruising

Reaction score
Hi there, first time poster. I just wanted to ask people with the FineVU CR500HD camera if they had an issue recording in 1080P with 30FPS. I noticed when I replay my videos on my pc/mac that the videos are choppy, and sometimes pixelated in-between frames. I've contacted the person I bought the camera from and he said the camera that I should set the resolution @ 900 w/ 30fps and that this cam only supports 1080 @ 15fps. Is this true?

jamesbcd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
recorded fine in 30fps for me.

not sure what they mean by - set the resolution @ 900 w/

FSC830

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi,

I agree, I run two of these cams. They running in 1080/30fps and playback is fine with FineVu player, VLC and Windows media player.

Regards

OP
M

mindcruising

Reaction score
hmm must be my camera then :?

so instead of 1080p or 720p, i'm running 900p

FSC830

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Did you bought a new item or an used one?
If new then contact your dealer and force an exchange.
Are you sure that your PC / video card is able to show the videos without issues? May be it is not an issue of the cam but of the PC?

Regards

weaverbike

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I use the Finevu player the play back is not always smooth but when it gets played on windows media player it works fine.

smitty69

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im torn between the 0801 now that I have been here, and this one. The price difference is huge though - why so much more expensive? Is it the brand name "finevu" you pay for or is the quality so much better. I would like a finevu, but not sure I can stretch to the payments. Is it worth it?

FSC830

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi,
I cant compare with a 0801 by myself. If it its worth to buy a Finevu cant be advised by somebody else except yourself ;).
Compare videos from both cams and decide which one will better match your demands, compare them in good and bad weather and low light conditions.
A more expensive cam does not mean that the videos are really better than using a less expensive cam.
Everyone has different meanings about the videos so you cant rely to any recommendations.

Regards