FineVU CR500HD Recording in 1080 mode

mindcruising

Reaction score
Hi there, first time poster. I just wanted to ask people with the FineVU CR500HD camera if they had an issue recording in 1080P with 30FPS. I noticed when I replay my videos on my pc/mac that the videos are choppy, and sometimes pixelated in-between frames. I've contacted the person I bought the camera from and he said the camera that I should set the resolution @ 900 w/ 30fps and that this cam only supports 1080 @ 15fps. Is this true?

recorded fine in 30fps for me.

not sure what they mean by - set the resolution @ 900 w/

Hi,

I agree, I run two of these cams. They running in 1080/30fps and playback is fine with FineVu player, VLC and Windows media player.

Regards

Did you bought a new item or an used one?
If new then contact your dealer and force an exchange.
Are you sure that your PC / video card is able to show the videos without issues? May be it is not an issue of the cam but of the PC?

Regards

When I use the Finevu player the play back is not always smooth but when it gets played on windows media player it works fine.

Im torn between the 0801 now that I have been here, and this one. The price difference is huge though - why so much more expensive? Is it the brand name "finevu" you pay for or is the quality so much better. I would like a finevu, but not sure I can stretch to the payments. Is it worth it?

Hi,
I cant compare with a 0801 by myself. If it its worth to buy a Finevu cant be advised by somebody else except yourself ;).
Compare videos from both cams and decide which one will better match your demands, compare them in good and bad weather and low light conditions.
A more expensive cam does not mean that the videos are really better than using a less expensive cam.
Everyone has different meanings about the videos so you cant rely to any recommendations.

Regards

Back