Israel
Sombody heard about that camera,
This one is in sale at gear best,
I am looking for a good action camera that will produce good stills photos
Any one no if it is real 16 mega pixel camera,
And if this one is good a durable?
THank you

How this one compre to xiaomi yi?

Probably equally terrible in quality and support. You'll end up having to sort any problems yourself but you'll get okay hardware for the price.

I have one in hand, currently the IQ is not good, the sensor should be 12MP IMX078, not 16MP sensor.

I have one in hand, currently the IQ is not good, the sensor should be 12MP IMX078, not 16MP sensor.
Some manufacturers like to brag about having latest specification but they are rarely well sorted when first released

looks like yours has focus problem, not sure is that common issue or just yours....

see below:

Photos from photo mode:
These are full size (4606x3456p) hosted outside DCT. If sensor is 12mp, maybe 12mp is the highest to go.
100% view has some grains and not sharp but viewing at smaller size looks fine.
There is an option to remove fisheye effect but that's not used for these pictures.
Pictures kinda look square compared to widescreen formats due to very high vertical pixels.
Click to view full size:
22569244272_a979a07b6b_o.jpg

22594001271_5ec5a18f6b_o.jpg

22569245712_a97ba9ce2a_o.jpg

4. Against direct Sun and it handled it very good. Still can see fall colors and other things.
22569246392_5fc9d7712e_o.jpg

Video taken while walking on balcony with and without Gyro stabilization:

Gyro OFF:

Gyro ON:

Play them both here at the site (PC) and shaking is much smoother with Gyro ON.
1st video is around 4 secs ahead if you play together.

Gyro ON: Walking around holding the camera on hand.

So far not that impressed.
Ambarella based dashcams have better video.
Maybe it'll be better with stable mount.

I would be happy if my firefly S6 4K sample become a help.
Hawkeye firefly S6 4K (2880x2160) sample rendered in 2880x1632

@Sunny
As @jokiin said it's mainly to do with the lens. Think of it as this, you can have a fantastically great car engine, however if your gearbox and clutch aren't up to scratch the engine is always limited. It can only take you so far. I don't know what the Firefly camera uses for it's lens but I believe Jokiin is right, it's limited. Sadly with a limited lens, there's only so much you can do, only so much light you can work with, and how sharp it is etc. They've limited their product it seems.

There is a new FW, have you tried it?
http://www.cnfpv.com/en/TECH/104.html

Not yet. I read it's mainly for gyro and fisheye removal artifact issues.
I don't mean Firefly 6S is not good but just not 4K good from what I expected.

Maybe I'm expecting too much after watching 4K videos from regular home cameras. ;)

This firmware should be newer (with improved WDR mode): http://www.cnfpv.com/en/TECH/107.html

Some questions:
- can you post a night video with updated firmware?
- which is the max bitrate? Does it support VBR?
- does it have autorec function when charging via usb (like Gitup Git1)?

By the way, Banggood says only this firmware enable real 4k, oldest are 1080p upscale. From banggood: (a user: "A great little camera with decent video quality, the 4K is mostly a gimmick as it is not true 4k just upscaled 1080p ..."). Banggood reply: "Dear customer,thank you so much .Please update the firmwire Version V2.2 and it can record 4k."

Last edited:
This firmware should be newer (with improved WDR mode): http://www.cnfpv.com/en/TECH/107.html

Some questions:
- can you post a night video with updated firmware?
- which is the max bitrate? Does it support VBR?
- does it have autorec function when charging via usb (like Gitup Git1)?

By the way, Banggood says only this firmware enable real 4k, oldest are 1080p upscale. From banggood: (a user: "A great little camera with decent video quality, the 4K is mostly a gimmick as it is not true 4k just upscaled 1080p ..."). Banggood reply: "Dear customer,thank you so much .Please update the firmwire Version V2.2 and it can record 4k."

Night videos and screenshots posted here:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-imx078-gearbest-com.14780/page-2#post-197696

Not very good night quality as expected from 4k camera.

Last edited:
Back