Firefly 7s as a DVR dashcam

KamalinO

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello everyone.
Now that the Firefly 7s is sold at an excellent price on Gearbest, I'm considering of buying one for casual action cam video capture, and for a daily DVR Dashcam for my car.

Is anyone using it on a daily basis? I understand that the 7s support loop recording and auto record on USB start, which are essential features for a dashcam, but I was wondering if it worth it.

Does it automatically turn off when not in use and usb current is turned off when the car is turned off? It's important for me to have an all automated DVR process.

Thanks in advance!!

I bought 7s from gearbest.I thought same as you,for dashcam.Realy I have front cam,I will put 7s as a rear cam.
Today I got it.In a few days I will try it,write my opinion.

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

I bought 7s from gearbest.I thought same as you,for dashcam.Realy I have front cam,I will put 7s as a rear cam.
Today I got it.In a few days I will try it,write my opinion.

Thanks. Please let us know how it performs as a dashcam. I can't find a definitive answer

I am sorry,I did a mistake.First day ,I used it gyro on.But this video ,link upside,gyro was off

I am sorry,I did a mistake.First day ,I used it gyro on.But this video ,link upside,gyro was off

And did it make it any better?

Yes ,better but not enough.In video ,it was off.
My front dashcam,mini0826 is better than firefly S7

What problems did you see?
It doesn't look to be that bad.

I need some simple dashcam functionality

Last edited:
Yes seems good but my expectations were better when I was purchased.

I see. Are your still using it as a dashcam?
How do you have it installed? Suction holder ml

I use at home as action cam for trying different resolutions.When I drive,I put it rear cam.On front I use mini 0826.For S7 I use suction holder and with powerbank

I have also a 7S which I use ocasionally as dashcam and I am very glad that this camera has gyro.Video quality is astonishing.

I have also a 7S which I use ocasionally as dashcam and I am very glad that this camera has gyro.Video quality is astonishing.
Good to know
Is it performing well as a dashcam? Does it get too hot?

I sold mine.It was getting hot and I didint like its wifi quality and ios app.Eken H9 was better as a wifi quality.
So now ,I am trying to find out new action cam for using both for action and rear dashcam.

The camera performs really well as dashcam .It will be hot,that is for sure,but all cameras in the standard action case will run warm.

The camera performs really well as dashcam .It will be hot,that is for sure,but all cameras in the standard action case will run warm.
My YI cam also gets hot but it doesn't affect its performance.
Is the 7s performing well also in hot conditions?

It can be really hot,does not lose focus .But care must be taken not to let the camera for hours in noon sun,because it is no camera build for this.Running it in a car with ac on,is no problem also in hot summer

It can be really hot,does not lose focus .But care must be taken not to let the camera for hours in noon sun,because it is no camera build for this.Running it in a car with ac on,is no problem also in hot summer
Yes AC is always on, but I'm worried about direct sun to the cam while driving and recording

well,there are dashcams outthere that are bigger and closer to windscreen and they work.MINE always worked even in direct sunlight summer 30 celsius outside.BUT I do not leave the camera on the windschield if I do not use it,or if I dont take it down,I just switch it off.Till now no big issues at all.

Back