Firm ware

Nathyb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a DR600 I down loaded the firm ware on my iPhone how to i apply the update to the camera ?

Download the firmware using a computer (not iphone).
Decompress to BlackVue folder
Write the whole folder to the MicroSD card
Insert the MicroSD card into the camera

You will hear a notification that the firmware is being updates and you shouldn't disconnect the power. Viola

And if on restarting you get "Check SD Card" over and over, reformat the card by pressing and holding the WiFi button for 10 seconds. Then take the card out and copy the Blackvue folder over again.

Sorry to sound dumb but I'm not great with computer could you talk me though that process step by step if you don't mind I have a windows laptop by the way cheers

1. Download the firmware ZIP file.
  2. With the BlackVue running, press and hold the WiFi button for 10 seconds until it says it is formatting - wait for it to complete
  3. Remove power from the Blackvue and wait for it to shut down
  4. Carefully remove the SD card and put it in the USB adapter supplied with the Blackvue.
  5. Plug the USB adapter into your PC. Tell it to open the folder.
  6. Double-click on the .zip file to open it
  7. Drag and drop the Blackvue folder in the opened ZIP file onto the USB drive's window. Tell Windows to merge the contents of the Blackvue folder
  8. Close both windows. Go to Computer, right click on the entry for the USB drive and select Eject
  9. Remove the SD card and reinsert it into the Blackvue, making sure it clicks into place.
  10. Reconnect power to the Blackvue.

Where do I down load the zip file from ?

With the BlackVue running, press and hold the WiFi button for 10 seconds until it says it is formatting - wait for it to complete

From what I've learned on this forum this is not the best way* to format the microSD card. Anyway, by pressing the WiFi button, the card will not only be formatted, the (old) firmware will also be installed.

* A better way is to use SDFormatter.

http://pittasoft.com/en/contents/su...ardsort=28&page=1&idx=1193&search=&searchstr=
or
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4

Generally I would agree with you, but there is a problem with the 1.002 firmware where if you use SDFormatter the update may not work. This is why I suggested using the button, which avoids that problem.

But pressing and holding the WiFi button for 10 seconds not only formats the card, it also initializes it. (Unless this is different with DR600.) If that is the case, then you suggest interrupting this process by disconnecting (removing power) after the format, correct?

Nope. Let the camera initialize the card and then copy over it. Don't ask me why this works but I found it fixes the problem.

Hi all, I have recently purchased the Blackvue DR600. Tried many times to update firmware to 1.002 English but no joy. I have carefully tried every post I have read on updating. Am having no luck. Only get the SD card initializing message and then starts recording. Have also tried different SD cards and formatting. I must be missing something. The Dash cam is otherwise awesome. TIA.

English. Bought from local car audio store in Adelaide.

Ok will do. Thank you.

you're not the first one that has had trouble getting a firmware update done on these, not as simple as some other models

I think I will leave it. Car audio guys probably know as much as me. Will leave Pittasoft alone doubt if they be much help. Will persist on my own from time to time til I get it. Would be so much easier if could be plugged via USB to PC then update that way. Thanks Jokiin.

You tried the steps I showed in post 5? What are the exact words the camera says when you power it up after copying the new firmware? Did you make absolutely sure you have the correct firmware for your model (DR600, not 650, etc.)?

Hi Jonat. I did your way in post 5 but no luck. Correct firmware etc. The camera says initializing SD card then says recording. Will try again today.

Back