FIRMWARE 1.00.14

It's not available at the thinkware website yet.

Oh.. Hopefully they didn't find another bug and decide to pull it.

Just checked. It is not on the Thinkware Canada website.

Also available on UK site.

I do not know if I had missed this in the previous firmware version 3.1.00.13, but I updated the camera to the latest version 3.1.00.14 this afternoon and after taking the card out and putting it back into my PC, I found there was an executable on it called U_1000_Setting.exe. See below the directory structure and the complete menu with the Format option.
I ran it and found as well as all the camera settings that I could change, I found I could format the card as though it was in the dashcam. The format worked.

Perhaps I should be observant next time. Is this new? Err....please do not call me a numpty if the following was in version 3.1.00.14! I am an oldie waiting for his COVID-19 vaccination.Directory structure1.JPGDirectory structure2.JPGMenu2.JPG

Last edited:
never seen it before . you can change settings via the player, but the .exe file is new to me too

Last edited:
I installed the firmware update today plus grabbed the latest video player.

Anybody else any observations on the additional settings noted above and on the card?

Does Thinkware update firmware often or is it a rarity? And is it to fix problems or to provide enhancements/additional features?

Does Thinkware update firmware often or is it a rarity? And is it to fix problems or to provide enhancements/additional features?
Looks like once a year and for both reasons. I wish they'd improve the networking interface so connecting to new networks would be easier rather than having to back out of the main app.

I've already suggested the option of having the radar energy saving mode with the option for wifi enabled. Maybe if we get more people asking it might happen.

there a 1.00.15 update.

anyone know what it addresses ? - it just says "software update"

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E U1000 4
egonvdv U1000 15
TKSX U1000 8
I U1000 2
N U1000 9
Back