Firmware 1.013

PHiLiPZ

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
What's New:

Version 1.013:

Quick View Notifications:
When a Normal, Parking Mode or Manual Event occurs, a thumbnail is now displayed alongside the Push Notification sent.
Push Notifications are sent both when an Event starts (e.g. “Impact detected” notification) and when the recording ends (“Event recording saved”).
If you tap on the Push Notification, the app opens to display a popup with a large-size thumbnail and allow you to view a live stream (Event start notifications) or play a quick play version of the video (Event saved notifications).
Note: in case of quick play videos, only the front camera view is available. User can access the rear camera videos from the video file list.
Cloud FOTA (firmware upgrade via the Cloud):
Upgrade your dashcam’s firmware easily over the Cloud.
To use this feature, go to the BLACKVUE CLOUD menu in the BlackVue app (Cloud Viewer in the desktop application).
When a new firmware is available, an icon will show near your dashcam’s name.
Tap the 3-dot icon (⋮) > Remote firmware update > Update Now. The dashcam will start downloading the firmware and automatically apply it. You will be notified once the upgrade is successful or fails.
Write Error Detection:
Your BlackVue constantly checks that the microSD card is properly recording videos.
If your microSD card becomes write-protected (“bricked”), a “Check SD card” voice message will play from the dashcam.
What should you do if your dashcam prompts you to check the SD card?
First, try formatting the microSD card using the Format button on the side of the dashcam (Hold the button until a voice prompt plays, then hold again). If that does not fix the issue, try formatting using the BlackVue Viewer for Mac/Windows. Then if the issue persists, contact Support at cs@pittasoft.com.
Wi-Fi connection error voice prompt:
If you try to connect to the dashcam in direct Wi-Fi while another device is already connected, the following voice alert will play: “Direct Wi-Fi connection already in use”.

When trying to update remotely I'm receiving the following error message. I have the latest updated app installed on my phone and have downloaded the new firmware a couple of times. Am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181129-223716_BlackVue.jpg
    Screenshot_20181129-223716_BlackVue.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 22
Seems not. I read this as, the firmware latest is .13 and if you haven'tr got it installed, you can't install remotely. If you are trying to install .13, it can't because you don't have it installed.
So install .13 manually, you will then be able to install future updates remotely.
That's my take on it anyway which might just be a load of tosh.

It looks the firmware was somehow uploaded remotely to my camera overnight. This morning the icons for motion and impact detection looked different and now I'm receiving push notifications through my smart watch. I uploaded v1.013 manually this morning just in case. All seems to be working fine now. Thank you for the reply.

New version 1.013 is really impressive so far. The new features with the push notifications is working great! I now get the clip of the icon and can jump straight to live feed or directly to the saved clip for parking mode, impact detection or motion detection.

I updated my camera last night. Unfortunately, I can not get the front camera to rotate the video even after setting it in the BlackVue app on my phone (v.2.84 for iOS) and desktop (v.1.28 for MacOS). Anyone know where I can download v.1.011 so I can downgrade?

I updated my camera last night. Unfortunately, I can not get the front camera to rotate the video even after setting it in the BlackVue app on my phone (v.2.84 for iOS) and desktop (v.1.28 for MacOS). Anyone know where I can download v.1.011 so I can downgrade?
You might be able to find it here. I didn't get a chance to skim through the downloads.
https://www.blackvue.com/downloads/

I have the .11 version if you would like me to dropbox it for you.

AH! No I haven't. I do have 1.009 and 1.010 if they are any use. I'll have another gander for 1.011 on my system.

Last edited:
I have the .11 version if you would like me to dropbox it for you.

AH! No I haven't. I do have 1.009 and 1.010 if they are any use. I'll have another gander for 1.011 on my system.

I found 1.009 on my hardrive but not 1.010. I'd love to get my hands on that please!

I also saw this site called autoblackbox.com.au which has 1.011. I downloaded it and installed it on my camera. Seems to work as it did before the 1.013 update.

OK, I'll dropbox 1.010 tomorrow and post the link. Thanks for the link to 1.011.

Presumably it downloaded OK. I had forgotten that it was unzipped until I downloaded 1.011

Back