Firmware 1.2 - NO 12M photos at 16:9

Wagner

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Hi guys! I've upgrade to the last firmware 1.2, and according to the changelog it was supposed to enable 12M photos at 16:9. However, I am not able to select this mode even if the firmware version is 1.2.

Does anyone have any clue?

what app are you using?

The 12M 16:9 doesn't show up on mine either. I'm using iOS app.

I'm using YiCam on Android.

try my PC app; maybe these apps weren't just updated yet. If my app will not show 2k video, then its 100%.

The app isn't updated yet that's why ^^

Not only there is no 12M 16:9 neither timelapse video function. My camera crashes everytime I turn on the camera. I have to remove battery, insert it again and press on, so I can use the camera. I'm using firmware 1.2, v1.7 app and it never happened to me before.

There is 12M 16:9 photo mode and also time-lapse video recording too, but it's probably bug in the android APP.. I too have no 16:9 photo and no time-lapse video after upgrade. You need to switch PAL/NTSC and it will show up

Not only there is no 12M 16:9 neither timelapse video function. My camera crashes everytime I turn on the camera. I have to remove battery, insert it again and press on, so I can use the camera. I'm using firmware 1.2, v1.7 app and it never happened to me before.
Use the 1.8 android apk for those options or CC from your PC ...
For the crashes maybe try to reinstall 1.2.0

Last edited:
iOS app have the option for 12M 16:9

After updating the firmware the camera creates a folder named MISC and a file named as itm.bin, is it happening to any of you?
When I updated to firmware 1.1.0 they appeared once, but after deleting them never appeared again. With 1.2.0 version the camera creates them when it power on after deleting the folder and the file, but it does not edit itm.bin, because its last edited hour does not change.

Back