Firmware 1.3

kioneo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DCTEAM, A129 Duo
I received and installed a new A129 Duo today for my wife. Hers booted up with firmware 1.3 dated 7/30/2018. I noticed 1.2 is the latest on the website. Anybody have insight into what 1.3 adds (or will add)? So far I haven't seen anything obvious.

Any Bluetooth connection in the menu?

Sent from my 1+ 5T using Tapatalk

Just install it... V1. 3

Is there a reason why to have the BT enabled all the time without the option to turn it off? You know, just in case you don't want to use a remote control.
1d5003e6ff15d481d6fce77e2675a7f6.jpg

Sent from my 1+ 5T using Tapatalk

Bluetooth is auto enabled in the latest firmware, no option in the menu.
This is new V1.3 version.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wGJOduCdLNEdTFgJlamzGXURd9TqRssV

Link doesn't work for me. Couple more questions. Why is it that Viofo put this camera on the market without the CPL filter and hardwire kit available? I didn't notice anything in your advertising saying that purchasers wouldn't be able to use parking mode until the propritory hardwire was made available when I bought mine. A month and a half later and still unable to use all the features advertised. The least that Viofo could do is let people know when the needed parts would be available. Care to offer me a refund? I'll gladly ship it back!

Link doesn't work for me. Couple more questions. Why is it that Viofo put this camera on the market without the CPL filter and hardwire kit available? I didn't notice anything in your advertising saying that purchasers wouldn't be able to use parking mode until the propritory hardwire was made available when I bought mine. A month and a half later and still unable to use all the features advertised. The least that Viofo could do is let people know when the needed parts would be available. Care to offer me a refund? I'll gladly ship it back!
amazon has it being sold as a kit including the CPL filter for $199. isn't that NICE! ONLY NEW PURCHASERS CAN GET THE CPL NOT THE PEOPLE THAT ALREADY PURCHASED IT! ISN'T THAT NICE OF VIOFO! such fairness... see link...https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07CTBB4R5

Last edited:
Reactions: M83
amazon has it being sold as a kit including the CPL filter for $199. isn't the NICE! ONLY NEW PURCHASERS CAN GET THE CPL NOT THE PEOPLE THAT ALREADY PURCHASED IT! ISN'T THAT NICE OF VIOFO! such fairness... see link...https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07CTBB4R5

A small batch of original A119/A119S CPL's were manually widened to prevent vignetting to create a special edition A129 CPL bundle. I only have 8 left at the moment.

If you buy the A11CPL (original CPL for A119/A119S/A119-PRO) You can make it fit the A129

1) Slide out Glass CPL
2) Use sand paper or dremel tool to make the CPL plastic lens housing slightly larger. (barely have to remove anything)
3) Slide Glass CPL back into plastic CPL housing.
4) Re-calibrate CPL

1DLnzTN.png

Well I am an idiot. Just got the duo A129. It came with firmware v1.3 and I downloaded and blindly installed v1.2 from the VIOFO website. It does say it is the latest firmware. What???

If the only change is the bluetooth connection it won't be a problem since I have no intention of using a remote when I can use the wifi connection on my phone if necessary.

What is up with all the beeping? Is that really necessary?

Well I am an idiot. Just got the duo A129. It came with firmware v1.3 and I downloaded and blindly installed v1.2 from the VIOFO website.
you can have it back right now from this @viofo post.

I noticed that, but it shows the same bin # as what I downloaded from the VIOFO site. Hmmmm. I guess I will give it a try.

I noticed that, but it shows the same bin # as what I downloaded from the VIOFO site. Hmmmm. I guess I will give it a try.
the .bin file name is always the same for each camera model, I found it out myself by an accident. :) @jokiin helped.

Back