Firmware 19 and Korean Voice only

sejtam

Reaction score
I just upgraded my brand new LK-7950WD to firmware 19 (the only one offered) and now it only talks (voice) in Korean. Is that a known bug? How to fix?

I already did that. I had it to English before the upgrade, and it rebooted into Korean. I then went into settings, changes to Korean saved, then back to English and again saved (just for good measure)... Still it only talks Korean.

Format both memory cards with the computer version of the Lukas Viewer, then change the language from the computer version of the Lukas Viewer, and save to the regular SD card

I just upgraded my brand new LK-7950WD to firmware 19 (the only one offered) and now it only talks (voice) in Korean. Is that a known bug? How to fix?

Wait you upgraded to FI19.
FI19 is only for Korean cameras at this time, and is only available on Korean websites.
You need to downgrade to FI17.

Strange. That is what the Android app offered me (and only that). I am in Singapore. In the app I did not select which site it should go to get that
Where can I find v 117 then?

That is a bug then.
Ill let the software team know.

You can download FI17 from the link below.
First I would suggest trying to format the memory cards, and set back to english. That might still do the trick. If down. Then downgrade.
Download Lukas LK-7950 Firmware Fi17

Do I need to format both SD cards using the Mac App or only the large one? When I did say that It
said (for a very short time in English): format SD card, then went back to Korean, ran Update and
kept speaking Korean only.

I'll try doing both later this week, and if that doesn't help downgrade. How to I downgrade with a firmware downloaded from the 'net (not through the app as that still only shows me Fi19)? Just drop it into the /SDcard/Lukas/firmware directory on the phone?

Format both memory cards just to be safe.

Just download FI17 from the link below,
Download Lukas LK-7950 Firmware Fi17 and follow these steps
  1. Download the firmware file from the link above and unzip the folder.

2. Back up important data from your SD card and/or format your SD card.

3. Drag the files located inside the unzipped folder to the SD card on your computer.

4. Open the SD card on the Lukas Viewer and configure your desired settings and save.

5. Eject the SD Card from your computer.

6. Insert SD Card back into dash camera.

7. Connect power then turn on the dash cam.

8. Display LCD/LED should prompt a firmware update in process.

9. After the firmware update is complete, the dash camera will automatically reboot.

10. The update is now complete.

11. Restart device manually.

Ok, going back to Fi17 solved the language issue. Btw: Are there release-notes for the diff firmware versions to see what was fixed/added?

Not in english yet.

New international (english) firmware is scheduled to release next week, with new format free feature.
Please standby for this new firmware.

I just had F19 installed via the iOS app in the US. It was offered to me so I installed it. Now the camera is flashing FAt to me and constantly talking in Korean. I have no idea what it's problem is.

Format both memory cards just to be safe.

Just download FI17 from the link below,
Download Lukas LK-7950 Firmware Fi17 and follow these steps
  1. Download the firmware file from the link above and unzip the folder.

2. Back up important data from your SD card and/or format your SD card.

3. Drag the files located inside the unzipped folder to the SD card on your computer.

4. Open the SD card on the Lukas Viewer and configure your desired settings and save.

5. Eject the SD Card from your computer.

6. Insert SD Card back into dash camera.

7. Connect power then turn on the dash cam.

8. Display LCD/LED should prompt a firmware update in process.

9. After the firmware update is complete, the dash camera will automatically reboot.

10. The update is now complete.

11. Restart device manually.

This worked for me in getting in English when it was English before. Surprising how it all of a sudden changed to Korean. However it is in a loop of FOR where it keeps wanting me to format and press the left button. Then I get FAE error with the top part of the E not seen.

Now I am getting like a Fa(looks like) 17 error

Last edited:
Back