Firmware 20200901 still not compatible with DashCam Viewer

fozrider

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello B1M estore or others. Yes I know Blueskysea has it's own viewer but it is quite inferior in functionality to DashCam Viewer. Since you changed the gps encoding in the video file the creator of DashCam Viewer is no longer able to decode the data. We have asked that you provide the encoding to John, but this has not happened. Could you please do this, his email is

john@earthshinesw.com

or restore the former encoding that was readable. I am considering buying another unit, but I will not unless this is resolved. I will also certainly change my recommendation for the unit on my reviews.

Thanks, I'll give it a try on Friday. i really hope it works, as the system is great and it would be fantastic if it works with the dashcam Viewer program.

I tested out the new firmware today. Still no luck with Dashcam Viewer. Is the gps data encrypted still? Or if I send the files to the DashCam folks will they be able to decode it?

I did the test and sent the files to John. Still no luck.

here is his response:
"I downloaded and examined your video files. The latest set you sent (fw 20210129 ) contains no embedded GPS data. I compared these to the batch you sent me on July 5th, which do have novatek-style embedded GPS. So one of the following is true (in decreasing likelihood):

1) The new firmware is not embedding the GPS data
2) There is a setting on the dashcam that needs to be toggled to tell the dashcam to store the data.
3) The GPS data is being embedded in a way I can’t find it

As a first step, please see if there is a setting on the dashcam that needs to be enabled to store the data"

As the Longitude, latitude, speed, date and time are displayed at the bottom left of the video file the data must be in the video file somewhere. Is it possible to share with John how the gps data is stored and a method to retrieve it?

Thanks, Bob

Is it possible to share with John how the gps data is stored and a method to retrieve it?
GPS Data packet download here:
And I think @GPSMapper can offer the help since it is the same GPS data packet as B4K :)

@fozrider
Hi Bob, can you please send me a link to raw footage in PM?
Does it record in MP4 only, or is there an option to switch to .TS with the newest firmware?

Quickly checking the posts, I suspect that starting from FW 20200707 Blueskysea / OEM has intentionally altered the code changing gpsdata packets location - probably willing to obfuscate gps data and make it incompatible with 3rd party GPS players.
So whatever is mentioned in the Novatek specs above probably does NOT apply to B1M.

Blueskysea / OEM did the same for .TS containers, but we have found the new gpsdata block storage pattern.

Latest DVplayer supports both original Novatek specs (MP4 and TS) and as well 'altered' Blueskysea method used in B4K TS files.

Last edited:
I have received couple of raw files from @fozrider .

These files indeed don't seem to have gps data inside. Moreover, GPS data is not recognized by the B1M GPS player from official website.

So I see several options:
1. FW is broken and it does not store gps data in the file (only OSD saved)
2. GPS data is saved in the external (separate) files
3. Some option is missing in the settings of the dashcam

I would suggest
- checking other files which could be found on the card,
- rechecking the settings
- and finally contacting Blueskysea support with this issue ( https://blueskysea-inc.com/art/contact-us-9.html ) I was recently in touch with Shenzhen office on the similar case for B4K, they were quite cooperative.

Last edited:
Please, please, please allow the next firmware update to make the embedded GPS data compatible with 3rd party gps players, not just the BlueSkySea one. You will sell many more units that way!

There is a new version of GPS player (V3.3.6) that works with B1M 20210129
Well, at least it does not work with the files I've received...
So same questions again (wrong settings on dashcam, general issue with FW , broken/altered files received)

Capture.PNG

I can't test it as it's an exe file and I have a mac.

Here's a screenshot of the app settings. There aren't any video file type settings, besides WDR, record audio, exposure and loop. I could upload more files but the previous versions recorded last summer also had no decipherable gps data.

Attachments

• IMG_4672.PNG
    IMG_4672.PNG
    118.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4673.PNG
    IMG_4673.PNG
    115.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
@fozrider
Probably reaching out support is the only way forward.
The files you've shared are not compatible with their own player and I can't find any gps data inside the files as well.

I'll send them a message. I assumed estore009 was connected to their support office.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M B1M 4
F B1M 10
J B1M 31
Back