Firmware 3.70

I may have missed something here, but surely if they can not keep recorded videos of innocent people,
that makes the parking mode which saves videos of innocent people walking past the vehicle illegal
Am I right or not ?
Bill
I am not 100% sure, but I think parking mode videos would be considered as "unsaved"
Somebody can easily test it ;)

my point is the parking videos are"more permanent " than the driving videos that they have given the option to delete in order to comply with eu regulations
bill

How is video not evidence? Seems like the legal system is concerned not with truth but with preserving some kind of weird freedom to commit crimes. That's really strange considering the country doesn't even have freedom of speech.

Beside the freedom of speech, the right to one’s own image is part of the german constitution. Since this year dashcams are accepted as evidence in court.

my point is the parking videos are"more permanent " than the driving videos that they have given the option to delete in order to comply with eu regulations
bill

In my opinion you have to switch off parking mode to comply with the regulation. Parking mode is only triggered via movement detection, not g-sensor or audio events. sadly.

Beside the freedom of speech, the right to one’s own image is part of the german constitution. Since this year dashcams are accepted as evidence in court.

Wow so you don't have freedom of speech OR the right to take a picture in public "because photographing a person is illegal". OK sure :confused:

We have some strong personal rights, restricting the freedom of speech.
That is the reason we have so few surveillance cameras out here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lacibaci Dash Cam 55 0
lacibaci Dash Cam 55 1
lacibaci Dash Cam 55 2
lacibaci Dash Cam 55 11
truetaurus Dash Cam 55 22
Back