Firmware above 1.9 sux?

airflame

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Is it only me that thinks all firmwares above 1.9 lags hangs unstable? Did not try 1.5. Do 1.5 have parking mode low bitrate? And on 1.5 Bluetooth button works? I see all people getting back to 1.5

I've had no issues with V2.1 or V2.2 (beta version). If your menu is sluggish, that's sometimes an indication of a memory card issue. Try reformatting the card and see if it improves.

FYI, when changing firmware, be sure to manually default the cameras settings, then press the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds. This should be done after every firmware change.

V1.5 does have Low Bitrate parking mode. It does not have Buffered parking mode. Bluetooth button also works with V1.5.

I've had no issues with V2.1 or V2.2 (beta version). If your menu is sluggish, that's sometimes an indication of a memory card issue. Try reformatting the card and see if it improves.

FYI, when changing firmware, be sure to manually default the cameras settings, then press the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds. This should be done after every firmware change.

V1.5 does have Low Bitrate parking mode. It does not have Buffered parking mode. Bluetooth button also works with V1.5.

Buffered parking mode is a useless feature though. Why bother with motion detection when you can have low bitrate recording in real time? Splurge on a 256GB card and skip the unreliable motion detection with event buffering.

Buffered parking mode is a useless feature though. Why bother with motion detection when you can have low bitrate recording in real time? Splurge on a 256GB card and skip the unreliable motion detection with event buffering.
And in fact it does not work on all Viofo VRs (they couldn't take stable control of the SDK code for it), so You can only read the bashful "supported buffered mode".

I use Low Bitrate. I'm not advocating for or against Buffered parking mode, simply stating V1.5 does not have it.

V1.5 with low bitrate has been very reliable in both our cars. I've tried newer FW versions but didn't see anything I liked better, so I'm happy to stick with V1.5 because it works for me.

V1.5 with low bitrate has been very reliable in both our cars. I've tried newer FW versions but didn't see anything I liked better, so I'm happy to stick with V1.5 because it works for me.

1.5 is rock solid stable. Anything added thereafter, at least to me, has been inconsequential. I rely on low bitrate parking, too. Motion detection isn't the most reliable of technologies (in any cam), and why risk missing something. 1.5 has never let me down in the 2+ years I've had both my A129 duos running.

I use Low Bitrate. I'm not advocating for or against Buffered parking mode, simply stating V1.5 does not have it.

;) LOL you've got a promising political career! I'm not saying it's bad. I'm not saying it's good. I'm neutral. Now everyone's happy! - I'm Kidding

Lots of good arguments for low bitate parking mode, and none worth mentioning for motion detection with buffered parking mode. As there's plenty of storage space on SD cards these days to handle recordings without overwriting existing files for days.

;) LOL you've got a promising political career! I'm not saying it's bad. I'm not saying it's good. I'm neutral. Now everyone's happy! - I'm Kidding

Lots of good arguments for low bitate parking mode, and none worth mentioning for motion detection with buffered parking mode. As there's plenty of storage space on SD cards these days to handle recordings without overwriting existing files for days.
Believe it or not, but some users do use Buffered Parking Mode and like it. Seems to work for their needs.

Believe it or not, but some users do use Buffered Parking Mode and like it. Seems to work for their needs.

I mean people still use flip phones. They're antiquated but exist. Granted, not all models of dash cams support live recording. I think (correct me if wrong) that both thinkware and blackvue cameras use strictly motion detection. That being said, I wouldn't personally own a camera that didn't record live while parked. You risk the whole event either getting missed or not captured with motion detection. As buffered parking mode only saves X seconds before the incident. Versus live recording that captures everything before and after.

Back