Firmware and Safety-cam data Download for Europe

Williamsplace

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi all,
Does anyone know where I can download the Regional Firmware and Safety-cam Data for Europe, as I can only find the US or Canada version on the web site from Thinkware ?

William.

So it looks like Thinkware has abandoned any kind of support for Europe !
and with the latest auto firmware update ( v1.03.07) the Safety features no longer work, and safety cam support is also not working, it looks like the safety cam version is now downloaded with the firmware and cannot be changed for your region. (safety cam version 19.09.03.03)

If you live in Europe Do Not Buy Thinkware they will let you down !

Hello,
As it already worked for you ?
In my F800 (France), it has never worked (dashcam Android direct download or via Website) ;-(

I hope it'll be better with Q800, i'll tell you.

I'll tag our member @Maddog1974

He may be able to help you get sorted as he's a Thinkware dealer.

Phil

Support certainly isn't finished for Europe! It's all on the Thinkware.com site still. I updated my wifes F800 Pro to the latest software the other day and all warnings still working fine for us. I would recommend formatting the card in a PC and then just copy the 3 files/folders from this folder onto the card. Insert card to camera and power on. These are definitely the files for Germany - https://chameleoncodewing-my.sharep...xApv9i6mZioH0BwgZcL2q-UJbKKa-mL58nFg?e=zeobjx

Thanks Maddog, I'll give the files a try, I normaly have to use the update from Germany and the safety cam file from "Eruope" as the German one will not work due to the German Laws, you are not allowed to track safety cams in Grmany.

William.

Support certainly isn't finished for Europe! It's all on the Thinkware.com site still. I updated my wifes F800 Pro to the latest software the other day and all warnings still working fine for us. I would recommend formatting the card in a PC and then just copy the 3 files/folders from this folder onto the card. Insert card to camera and power on. These are definitely the files for Germany - https://chameleoncodewing-my.sharep...xApv9i6mZioH0BwgZcL2q-UJbKKa-mL58nFg?e=zeobjx

Hi Maddog,

i have had issues with updates and safety cam data not working also, so i just reverted back to old software. Any change you can repost the link for the 3 files, and ill give it another go

thanks

matt

Hi all, just one question: the card has to be in MS-DOS or ExFAT format for the firmware upgrade?

Hi @Maddog1974

I have re installing the dash cam, are there anh updated eu safety cam files? also you link no longer works

cheers

Matt

Hi @Maddog1974

I have re installing the dash cam, are there anh updated eu safety cam files? also you link no longer works

cheers

Matt
Hi Matt,

IF the Camera is a UK model (Local ID 3 in Dash Cam Info screen) then you can only have the UK camera database on it. If you went abroad the camera does need the EU firmware & EU camera database loading into it which will make them work abroad but they will then stop in the UK.

If you're looking for the UK Database go to Thinkware.com / Support / Downloads / Select Camera Series & Model / Scroll down the screen and download the UK database and just drop that into the 'driveinfo' folder of the memory card. You can also connect to the camera via the Hotspot method and download them via the App.

Hope that helps!
Steve

Hi @Maddog1974

yeah its the uk model, if i want to update the firmware and uk database speed cameras at the same time do i just drop both files into a freshly formatted sd card and pop that into the dash cam? I remember previously you gave me two files (missplaced now) and did something similar. Also slightly off topic but im having trouble connecting my new phone to the hotspot and actually getting it to show its connected on the app. I get the message "connected to the internet" but when im going onto the app it says its not connected to the camera. Hopeing a firmware update might solve this.
Cheers
Matt

Basically yes but when you download the firmware files the 'driveinfo' folder will have a camera database in it but it may not be the latest one. So once the Zip is extracted on a PC you can swap the 'smartguidepoint.dx2' file in that folder for the latest one and then put them onto an empty memory card and insert to the camera.

As for the Hotspot connection what phone is being used please?

Thanks

no nothing like that, nice and simple. I tried the lastest firmware on a spare sd card and it didnt work. I can access the dashcam via wifi. But when i connect it to my hotspot it just doesnt show up on the app, even though the dash cam says connected to the internet.

Oh btw im using thinkware cloud app on my phone

cheers

Matt

That's a bit of a strange one Matt and being honest I'm not too sure! Can you just confirm after you turn on the Hotspot and hear 'Connected to the internet' that the Cloud App was 'swiped closed' and then opened fresh? I have found it isn't too good if the App is still open in the background of the phone and connection is made.

Ok let me try now and report back. I can still connect via WiFi so not all is lost.

Hi @Maddog1974

that seemed to work, i let it connect to hot spot then open app and i am also connected there. Thanks for your help

cheers

Matt

Back