Firmware Bin's for GS8000L

newportshortie

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have an "Old Shark" branded GS8000L. I tried to flash a new firmware onto it and I messed it up. I wrote down my version before flashing the new one that was wrong. My version number was: "dvr-400ta 20151210" I tried looking up dvr-400ta and 20151210 and nothing is popping up. What I think I did was flash an earlier version of a bin and it corrupted the dash. I just wish I can find the same exact firmware file again just so I can get this thing up and running again. If ANYONE, has any info on any foreign sites or any download links that would be AMAZING!

OP
newportshortie

newportshortie

Reaction score
Country
United States
I (almost) hit someone 2 days ago and if I wasn't paying attention, that man could have died. Now, i thought my dash would have recorded it. I went on my computer. I seen it did NOT record. Now, this was very very weird to me. Before this incident, the dash cam was recording just fine and I was regularlly looking over the videos. That event shook me up and I spent all night trying to think of why it did not record. I was thinking a firmware update was in order maybe because my dash was only having about 4 videos every day, and having videos from 3 weeks ago on the card. It should be having many videos every day from the last 1 or 2 days. So to answer your question, yes the dash was turning on and "Supposedly" working before I flashed the firmware.