Firmware Fi 19?

Manx Viking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

dashcam - LK-7950 without OBDII (currently firmware 21)
Lukas Viewer 2.0.2.0
App version 1.5.3
128gb sd and 128gb microSD card

I recently purchased an LK-7950 off ebay from Korea, no issues with that except it had firmware 19 on board and locked in Korean language. reading some of the posts on here from the very helpful members on this forum resolved that matter, but at the same time i loaded firmware 21, again with English audio.
i noticed the parking mode was incredibly sensitive, even on sensitivity 1 and picking just the lower band to observe (closest to the car) but birds and bushes further away meant that i had almost continuous recordings, not ideal if i wanted to find something. also on firmware 21 the rear LED doesn't operate (whether i enable in app or viewer). anyone any ideas why (but see below about firmware 17)?

i downgraded to firmware 17 (from this forum) to see if that resolved the sensitivity for parking, it seemed to, but i noticed the front recording and rear weren't synced in viewer (and the quality of the rear camera seemed degraded), however using firmware 17 did make the rear LED work so its not a hardware problem.

can i ask, does anyone have a version of firmware 19 i could try (i never gave it a test before upgrading to 21 following audio problem with 19)? and some advice on the sensitivity of the parking mode? or making the rear LED operate in firmware 21? thanks.

i do realise that unless the car battery is an issue continual recording in parking mode might not be an issue, except if i needed a file i'd have hundreds to go through and the constant writing to the SD card is only going to shorten its lifespan so i'd rather avoid. hopefully this will get sorted in a later firmware but i'd like to try v19 if possible.

many thanks on advance for any advice and assistance
kind regards

MV

Hi MV

I'm also experiencing some problems with this dashcam. I've invested some Euros for 2 x 128GB Samsung MicroSD cards, also when Lukas reccomends to use only original Lukas Cards and no SD-MicroSD adapters.

My problem is the sadly famous "Recording Failure 3", seems on the MicroSD card for the events recording. I've tried to update from FW 17 to 19 and 21 but first of all I always have the same problem, plus the camera doesn't create the wifi network...
At the moment I'm again on FW 17, that gives me only one problem :-D and in this moment I'm formatting at LOW-LEVEL the MicroSD (this will take about 6 hours...). I've not yet tested the camera with the original 8GB Lukas card (I'm using it for other purposes).

My question is: someone else encountered WiFi problems with FW19 and 21?

I've also noticed that the motion sensor is too much sensible if you park in a parkhouse...my car is the 5th on the left after the main gate in a garage with 95 cars and my dashcam records every light reflection...

I hope to see more updates on this discussion...

See you

@Berserk80, sorry to hear of your woes, naturally Lukas would recommend their SD and MicroSD cards.... however, i bought a sandisk micro SDXC card and Sandisk Extreme Pro SD card, both 128GB. the cards you have are class 10 aren't they? i believe they should be to get the read/write speed needed for hd recording.

I've only once experienced the recording failure 3 problem, the first day of using it after a brief stop it wanted to format the cards again, which i did and no problem since. i think that was on firmware 21, you say your doing a low level format, presumably on a PC and i assume doing it in the camera hasn't formatted properly? again, this has worked ok for me regardless of firmware 17 or 21. do you have firmware 19 you can share, i want to try it at least.

the same as you, parking mode is a continuous series of recordings regardless of sensitivity or which part of the screens are enabled to "watch", i set mine to parking mode only in a public parking space as i'd rather have everything than nothing but it is a feature i'd like to see work properly. constant writing to the card is a drain on the battery and the cards only have a finite amount of write cycles so it will shorten their lifespan unnecessarily.

i have the same issue regarding wifi on firmware 21, i can see it no problem after a few minutes but connecting to it from my phone (Samsung Galaxy s4) is a nightmare, 9 times out of ten it wont connect, however using firmware 17 i can connect almost straightaway.

it would appear Lukas have some way to go with their firmware and newer versions seem worse....

Hi Manx

I've tested it one week long and I can say that the cause of my "Recording Failure 3" problem were the memory cards...now I'm using the 2 original 8gb cards and all is working fine in the last 2 days.

For the next update I'll wait for the next firmware release becouse I'm really not satisfied about the FW19 and 21. I think that with the FW17 the WiFi connection is working better.

What are you gonna do? What FW do you have now on your device?

Hi Berserk80

glad to hear your having less issues. i understand you need a class 10 SD card due to the speed if your looking for a new larger card, perhaps that was your initial problem?

I'm currently running f17 as it seems the most stable, i was hoping to try f19 but if you're having trouble with it maybe its not the answer. f21 doesn't illuminate the rear led either, as well as seemingly having wifi problems.
like you i'm probably going to wait and see what a newer firmware is like.

I had problems with 2 Samsung microSD cards Class10 U1...I'm afraid that they are not genuine becouse they give me problems also on my Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone...Yesterday I bought a Transcend and it works without problems...

Hi Manx

this seems to be a 1on1 conversation :-D

Little update: also the Trascend card gave me problem (impossible to format...replaced in warranty)...at the moment I'm using again the original 8GB Lukas SD...this job seems to be very stressful for the SD memory...

A new firmware is here! Someone is already testing it (https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/lk-7950-firmware-upgrade-version-fi23.20649/)

I'll try it this evening and will share my impressions with you. Glad if you will do the same

See you

Hi Berserk80,

:) maybe we're the only ones having firmware issues.

i had tried the new firmware and to be honest noticed no difference in features of performance, i still get no rear led in parking mode, which works fine with Fi17.
my main issue is picture quality which i find disappointing, i think the quality of the camera is fine when stationary but moving images are woeful for detail, certainly couldn't tell a number plate coming in the opposite direction, i'd hoped firmware might have addressed this but its likely because of the low bitrate which i wasn't aware would be the case before purchasing. i have an SJ4000 action camera i use when cycling, that's cheap but the quality is far higher even with a low bitrate, perhaps why i expected more of the lukas with its Sony chip.

regarding the SD card problems you've had, you've certainly been unlucky! I've used samsung cards in my SJ4000 and they're fine, but when i went for cards for my Lukas i looked at the features of the sandisk extreme range (Links in earlier post, above), they're a bit more expensive but more robust, particularly in respect of high temperature and I've noticed the camera and card get hot in use. i've had no issues with either, happy hunting....
best wishes.

Hi Manx

OMG...it seems so random... I'm satisfied with the video quality with every FW and I don't use the security LED so I've not noticed this problem.

But now I've a new one (maybe...)...Sometimes, after work, I go back to my car and I find that the dashcam is recording in always mode also if the car is parked...
This is bad for 2 reasons: it can drain the car battery if the car remain parked for days (I suppose that the camera doesn't check the voltage if it's in driving mode) and with the original 8GB SD card it overwrites all the memory content in something as 1 hour...

I wrote MAYBE because I've never noticed it with the old firmware, so today a will go back again to FI17 and check it.
It's a little bit strange because I checked with the android app and I found a REAR video recorded at 16.27 that was corrupted and after this the camera registered both FRONT and REAR continuously till I came back to the car an hour later.
Parking mode is activated but I'm not using the motion sensors and there was no event recorded.

Maybe can be something about hot temperatures because the car is parked in my office parking lot under the sun and this never happens in the garage.
Or maybe the circuit I'm using for the ACC contact of the dashcamera is autonomously switching on for some reason also if the engine is OFF but this seems unusual...

PS. is it possible to correct the thread title? The topic is a little bit changed.

See you

Hi Manx

I've checked the connections and it seems that they are all correct and the car's circuit that I'm using for the ACC contact is off but the dashcam is in driving mode...this happens with both FI17 and FI23.
I think that the problem is about high temperatures. I'll open another thread to ask if someone else has the same problem.

See you

Back