Firmware for G90 Ambarella A7LA70 with GPS

that's a lot more detailed than most :)
Haha good point. I'll keep harassing them to see if I can get any more information but I'm about as hopeful of that as winning the lottery (which I don't even play).

ok that is the same firmware v727, but thank you anyway

If you unpack these firmwares there a graphics, sounds and logos that aren't' for the G90.
I guess these firmwares are generic and the manufacturer of the camera just brands them as needed.
So perhaps with that in mind DOME may not actually know the changes themselves :confused:

v727 of the G90 firmware contains splash screen for PAGO m9 SMART, Prestigio, fleXiti, Manhattan, CASKA, CARSCAM, DIGMA, GATER, BLACKVIEW, FALCON, PROLOGY, DRIVECAM, danew, Uniden and the generic image that the G90 shows.
It makes you wonder how many guises this camera goes under and if you used a firmware from one of these alternative devices what it may be capable of (besides bricking your G90)!
The firmware also contains 4 audio speed camera alerts (in WAV format) ) making you wonder if it can also access a database of speed camera locations on some devices?

The Prestigio RoadRunner has the best start-up and shut-down splash screens :D
G90_PREST_ON.jpg
G90_PREST_OFF.jpg

Ah... ha... I found a file in the firmware called TWDZG.txt which contains a database of GPS locations together with the type of speed camera, maximum speed and direction of camera.
5600 of the GPS locations are all located in Western Russia (around the Moscow area) and the remaining 18 are in China around the Dongguan, Huizhou and Shenzen area... interesting :D

How do you "decode" a firmware this way?

You can use A7Tool from here:

[App] A7Tool 0.7.5 (Ambarella A2/A7 firmware tool)

Just load the firmware into that and then extract all the sections and RFS and it will give you access to all the files within the firmware and you can also change the bitrate to suit you - i.e. you can make it take higher quality video, but at the risk that the camera might overheat.

Last edited by a moderator:
v727 of the G90 firmware contains splash screen for .......

it's common practice to just have all the customers boot logos in the base image firmware, that can relate to other models that the SDK is used for though so be careful what you flash with

It's also a sloppy practise to leave residual files and extraneous data clutter :p

My microphone is very good without any crackling... try replacing the supplied USB power adaptor as mine was crap and produced a high pitch squeal on the video.

Did this work for you? I have a high pitched squeal, but it doesn't sound like its from the mic as its much louder. Im yet to try things as I only just found all of my videos had the squeal

Did this work for you? I have a high pitched squeal, but it doesn't sound like its from the mic as its much louder. Im yet to try things as I only just found all of my videos had the squeal
A poor 12v power supply can cause the DC to DC converters inside many dashcams to generate internal noise and distortion which is picked up on the recordings.
Try making a short video on the camera using the internal battery and another using a quality mains adapter.
If the squeal is much improved or has completely disappeared then it's your car PSU, so invest in a good quality 12v adaptor and USB cable.
If it's still there, there's not much you can really do without ripping the camera apart and shielding various parts of the internal circuitry.
I'm using a Blackberry 12v charger and cable and any background noise completely disappeared :)

Thanks, that's some food for thought.

Im using a 15a multi socket adapter, currently only a GPS is the only other item installed on it. I have the mrs unplugging the G90 GPS on the way to work and then using a different USB cable on the way home. Im more suspect of the cheap usb cable dropping too many volts/amps. I will try some of your suggestions later tonight

here is a short 18 sec vid (turn your speakers down and get dogs to leave the room.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V G90 1
Bo$s G90 3
Pianoman144 G90 1
camerahanhtrinhvn.com G90 6
V G90 2
Back