Firmware for G90 Ambarella A7LA70 with GPS

DeLorean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Front: G90 A7LA70 with GPS / Rear: G1WH
I recently received a G90 Ambarella A7LA70 with GPS and firmware version "G90-A770_553-S-H"

Not knowing that there was a difference between the GPS and non GPS versions I upgraded the firmware and... tada lost the GPS function :-/

After trying another firmware I bricked the unit as I didn't know the battery life was so short (a classic mistake from looking through the forums).
After a little fiddling I used DirectUSB to recover the unit... phew :)

Fortunately Hilts posted firmware version "trunk: r439M" for the G90 GPS version, so with a quick re-flash the GPS was back up and running again.

Looking around the net I can't find any information on my original firmware "G90-A770_553-S-H".
It had some extra features that are not in the "trunk: r439M" firmware.

Does anyone know where I can download this version from or could someone upload it?
Where's the best place to find firmwares for this model of the G90?

I wish the GPS cable was only short (approx 10~15 cms) as I have several other devices attached to my windscreen and finding a home for the very long GPS cable is a problem.
Fixing the GPS receiver close to the camera would work well for most users and avoid the problem of finding a home for all the excess GPS cable.
The camera doesn't come with any little suckers, so attaching the GPS cable to the windscreen looks messy (currently using bluetack).

Many thanks in advance :)

Many thanks... just downloading it now and I'll give it a bash later :)
What's the best "free" software for playing the MOV files with embeded GPS data that the G90 produces?
The user manual has a page on some software called CARDVC2.exe which wasn't included, but after searching the net I found a copy.
It's a pretty awful piece of software :-/

Thanks for the info Jokiin :)
I've just downloaded a copy and I'm going to give it a try.
Reverend: The firmwares in the archive indicate that they are for the A70LA70 no GPS and the A70LA50 with GPS?

Thanks ever so much Reverend :)
The GPS RAR archives in the A7LA70 folder are mislabelled.
The 20140916c_g90_zx_a7la50_gps_v551.rar is the actually the G90-A770_553-S-H firmware for the A7LA70.
I'm now a very happy bunny :-D

Sorted - I was just trying to work out where the files had unpacked to on my Mac :D

Glad it's working - as soon as new firmwares are released we usually get a post from Fandy or Doreen in this G90 forum with a link so for now that's the latest I think?

I've got a fresh one coming straight from the factory which should be here by next week and I'm guessing that will be the same as yours - did you get it from JooVuu as they're about the only folks I know selling these?

It's great to find a forum with members willing to help... thank guys :)
As you correctly guessed, mine came from JooVuu and arrive on Saturday.
These cameras like to gobble up your SD card, but I guess the bitrate generally needs to be high as it has such a wide angle and artefacts in the video would be a real problem as the sensor is already stretched to it's max.
Just need to sort out the GPS antenna... I think I'll end up dismantling it and shortening the cable ;-)

I'm using a sandisk 128gb card in constant mode recording and I get hours and hours of footage using the highest quality. I don't have the GPS model.

I would also like to know if I'm running the latest firmware...

Your 128GB card must have cost as much as the camera :D
I was considering a Micro SD card extension cable so I could secure a large memory card inside the dash.
If someone were to steal the camera/car etc any incriminating footage and GPS data would be left behind (hopefully) :)
The Reverend's link near the top of the thread also includes the latest firmware for the non-GPS version.

Last edited:
Is there a new version for A7LA30 G90?
Haven't seen anything since r441MP mate, things are quiet on the A7LA30 front so far - I think the newer ones just added time-lapse for now to the higher end models.

One frustrating feature of firmware G90-A770-553-S-H is the speed overlay which is recorded when the GPS receiver is connected and switched on.
The only way to stop this is to turn the GPS receiver off in the settings (0.0km is displayed even if the GPS receiver is disconnected).
You could inadvertently drop yourself in it when uploading a clip to YouTube etc :confused:
Also having the GPS speed displayed causes a graphical glitch where the clock overlay wraps around and is clipped when too many characters are displayed (see pics).
So unless you travel around at 9.9KMs or less the overlay is going to go wonky :(
A feature to disable its recording is needed and perhaps an option to display GPS coordinates as an alternative?
Having to manually set the clock as it can’t automatically set itself from the GPS signal was a surprise.
I'm sure a nice little firmware update could fix these issues :)
P.S. These snapshot were taken from a recording using HDR and look a little dark to me?
Snapshot 1.png Snapshot 2.png

Attachments

• Snapshot 1.png
    Snapshot 1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • Snapshot 2.png
    Snapshot 2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Speed overlay problem solved (well sort of) :)
I've switched from firmware "G90-A770_553-S-H" to "trunk: r439M" which doesn't display the speed on the recording (or screen) but does log GPS data :D

Last edited:
and where can get the new firmware for G90c + GPS?
I now have SVN r382M and GPS does not work

Thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V G90 1
Bo$s G90 3
Pianoman144 G90 1
camerahanhtrinhvn.com G90 6
V G90 2
Back