Firmware for SGZC12RC V2

Anything yet?

Weirdest thing happened today. Started up the cams the way I always do and a screen popped up saying something like "Firmware not recognized", but then it rebooted itself and worked fine. Did it 3 times, just to check and it did it everytime. What's up with that?

I format my cards weekly. I have 4 cams in my car, 3 are the SGZC12RC, 1 is a SG9665GC. All 3 of the RC's did it, never seen it before and when I start the cams I always wait and watch to make sure they start recording and there's no "Format card" message. If it stops raining here today and I can take the car out I'll let you know if it happens again.

I format my cards weekly. I have 4 cams in my car, 3 are the SGZC12RC, 1 is a SG9665GC. All 3 of the RC's did it, never seen it before and when I start the cams I always wait and watch to make sure they start recording and there's no "Format card" message. If it stops raining here today and I can take the car out I'll let you know if it happens again.

All 3 did it after checking the version number?

I dont think checking the version had anything to do with it. I did some rewiring and it happened right after that, 3 times in a row, but only after that first restart of the car. Not sure if I'm explaining that right, but bottom line, I think the "Firmware not recognized" thing was a flukey coincidence. It hasn't done it since.

I've been trying to look around for more info on these Cams. Are they still in production? .. and who sells them in Oz?
Please point me to a site with info .. nothing on the SG website .. so maybe they aren't available any more?

I'm considering a mini for my rear window and these little Cameras appear about right in size.
Research is going snail paced due to throttled Internet .. which doesn't help.

Save me some frustration .. and let's cut to the chase.

They retailed for $200 (-1) on Amazon over in the US .. so probably looking for something a little cheaper, being the rear .. which doesn't need to be quite as good as the main front one.

Stealthy is a major priority .. what are people getting for rear when they already have a front?

Last edited:
No further production so only whatever stock is still out there, they will be back on the website probably tomorrow, it's just being updated at the moment

If there are still a few out there .. is it a good idea picking one up? I guess being US$200 .. they'd be around rrp AU$260 .. unless discounted to clear.

If you happen to be doing a cleanout .. and happen to find one hanging around in your bottom drawer .. please let me know.

Last edited:
AU prices aren't just a currency conversion unfortunately, not sure who still has stock, I think most resellers would be out by now, maybe there's a discounted clearance price out there somewhere but not sure as we ran out a while ago

AU prices aren't just a currency conversion unfortunately ..

Yeah, I get that .. One local Retailer called it 'The Australia Tax' ... I'm starting to get used to it ... even though there's the odd Yelp about having to pay extra here in Oz.
Can't grizzle too much .. Australia is a pretty good place to be.

Where can I find the most recent firmware for RC v2?
The only ones that I can find in streetguardian.info is just for GC, and I can't find any in the forum either

Where can I find the most recent firmware for RC v2?
The only ones that I can find in streetguardian.info is just for GC, and I can't find any in the forum either

you probably have the most recent version already, hasn't been any updates for quite some time, the chipset in this one is no longer manufactured so no further updates were possible

you probably have the most recent version already, hasn't been any updates for quite some time, the chipset in this one is no longer manufactured so no further updates were possible

Is there any current development for a successor to the RC (ie: small, remote lens)?

we have some other remote lens product we are working on but still quite a few months away

Please make it input compatible with the RC (12V and micro USB cams), so the RCs can be replaced without major work and also remain compatible with Cellinks.

Back