Firmware from their website. B1W V20200707

RC TAYLOR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blueskysea
Clicking the download button takes me to Google Docs, and it only has one file to download -- cardvr_img.bin. The default_cfg.bin file is not available on the link. It used to take you to a page where you could download both files, now it does not. I did get it to work by using the newest cardvr file and grabbing the default file from another download link, for those having issues. I was having issues with the device recording and the recording files not showing up on the app. Now all is well and working.

You really dont need the default bin file to flash it with cardvr img firmware.

Do I need this firmware if I use an android phone? Does it provide other benefit on top of what its name says?
If you are using an android phone, no need to update it!

If you are using an android phone, no need to update it!
Thanks! Is the B1W Standard 20180528s Firmware or B1W ParkMode 20180614s Firmware newer? The date for the ParkMode firmware is later, but the position of the 20180528s firmware is closer to the top.

Thanks, do you know when you will complete testing of V20201117 and it will become the standard firmware?
If you are using an iPhone, it is okay to load this V20201117 firmware. No need to update firmware if an Android phone!

If you are using an iPhone, it is okay to load this V20201117 firmware. No need to update firmware if an Android phone!
I am interested in V20201117 because of this:

The B1W newest beta firmware V20201117 here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tJZQRFx3DZo7-r1swW-F2oE4xCpNb03M/view?usp=sharing

The dashcam will capture the time from the latest video footage if the RTC battery was faulty, so it can keep all footage (included these Emergency files)in order!

I'm interested in V20201117 to prevent losing videos when RTC resets. But I want to be sure I'm installing stable firmware, which is why I asked when it will be out of testing.

If V20201117 remedied the RTC issue, then why is the almost 3-year old 20180528s still the standard firmware?

Would you please answer this question:
Is V20201117 stable, and when will it become the standard firmware?

Thanks!

Is V20201117 stable, and when will it become the standard firmware?
Not sure! Still buggy for this beta firmware. It is best to send the camera back for the warranty if it cannot keep time!

Not sure! Still buggy for this beta firmware. It is best to send the camera back for the warranty if it cannot keep time!
Actually, it is best to fix the buggy firmware.

The keeping of time is a function of the RTC battery inside the cam; firmware has nothing to do with that except as a means to set the clock.

Phil

The keeping of time is a function of the RTC battery inside the cam; firmware has nothing to do with that except as a means to set the clock.

Phil
Ackchyually Phil, if you had read the quote above, or the thread it came from, you'd see that the V20201117 firmware is supposed to address the issue of the camera overwriting video files when the RTC clock resets.

Phil
they added some logic to look at existing files and start new recordings later than existing files, it's a workaround for people with RTC problems, it will still have file date issues which is not good for evidence purposes but is better than losing the files altogether, fixing the RTC battery is still the best option

Ackchyually Phil, if you had read the quote above, or the thread it came from, you'd see that the V20201117 firmware is supposed to address the issue of the camera overwriting video files when the RTC clock resets.
I read THIS thread but not others only linked to. Still I missed the one line mentioning it, ny apologies. Nor do I recall reading about this fix as I havent used my B1W for quite some time so I haven't kept abreast of every development with that cam. AFAIK no other cam has such a scheme for file overwriting with a loss of date/time so this is new to me. Most any cam can normally keep time for 4+ days of non-use and that really should be the case here. I'm hoping the anticipated chipset change will allow them to better address some of the issues as I really do like the B1W overall.

Phil

Imagine RTC stops working for whatever reason, camera must be able to keep recording and continue. Files should be indexed, not treated by date and time.

Back