Firmware Installation Issues

KorbenDallas

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, I purchased the Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO Dash Camera with 32GB MicroSD Card on Amazon about 10 days ago and the rear cam for it as well (Street Guardian SGR291CAM Secondary Camera for SGGCX2PRO) with a 128 GB Samsung Pro Endurance sd card. I haven't installed the rear cam just yet as I'm waiting to do that this weekend, but decided to try and upgrade the firmware (SGGCX2PRO+ – Firmware update 20190115).

I followed the instructions for the firmware, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything? After inserting the empty card with only the .bin file and then plugging in the power... I see it turn on with no screen, but after awhile it boots into the main screen and asks to format the sd card. The firmware is still on version 1.15. What am I doing wrong? Does the secondary cam need to be plugged in to flash this firmware?

If it’s asking to format the card that means it’s a factory fresh card that comes exFAT. You need to format it at least once in-camera so it’s converted to FAT32. Copy the bin to the now FAT32 card.

I tried it on both SD Cards, but will format in the cam first before moving the .bin file. I’ll give it another shot tomorrow and let you guys know. Thanks.

current firmware is PRO or PRO+ version?

I think it’s PRO v1.15. I bought the front cam solo first about 10 days ago and then ordered the rear cam a couple days ago.

PRO and PRO+ is the same camera. Firmware is the only difference.

The non-plus supports the SGR323CAM
The + firmware supports the newer SGR291CAM

Check the version page

Thanks jokiin. The instructions were perfect and I was able to install the new firmware successfully. Unfortunately, I spent about an hour or two in my car trying to hide the thick rear cam cable, but failed miserably trying to do so. Once I made it to the dash, trying to hide the cable was impossible. It’s a 2016 BMW 328i so the length wasn’t the problem.

I originally had some trouble when hiding the front cam’s cabling, which was a much thinner cable. I think I’m going to give up and return the rear cam. I appreciate the help though!

Over my headliner at the front by the windscreen i only have a few inched of room to make do with.
Thats why at the moment surplus cabling from the K2S are wound up around the passenger side sun shade.

Normally i am able to hide surplus cable down below the dashboard, but i have ran out of space and really i need to tear deep into my setup to clean it up.
Which i will probably also do soon enough :) some times you just get inundated.

depends how you're running it, the thickness only really comes into it where you enter and exit the headlining, inside there's plenty of room

Yes, I'd like to better understand how it’s being installed too. There is plenty of room behind the panels once they are removed to expose side curtain airbags etc. you’ll see other wires to zip tie along side of as well.

Last edited:
Yes, I'd like to better understand how it’s being installed too. There is plenty of room behind the panels once they are removed to expose side curtain airbags etc. you’ll see other wires to zip tie along side of as well.

Yeah I never removed the liner and I don’t feel comfortable doing so. I think I prefer someone else doing it. Debating going that route

It’s like dropping from the top bunk of a bunk bed as a kid. It seems scary, but it’s no big deal. Once you’ve actually done it the first time, you realize you’ve got this :)

Both cameras i have out back are wired pretty much thru / under the doors weather seal, and then behind plastic trim on B and C pillars, took me about 10 minutes to route each camera that route of course 1 camera in each side of the car as you cant fit 2 wires under the rubber weather seal.
On the day i dident have the tools to go the direct route up above the headliner, to do that i think i need something to first Jam thru as it appear looking in there ( from the rear hatch and forward over the headliner ) there don't seem to be a option to just feed the wire thru, some sort of stiffer probe i think must go first to pave the way so to say.
I will have to do a better job on the next batch of cameras, which i can also do now as my friend are more settled in his new house, so his tools and what not are once again at my disposal.
Last time i installed a new batch of cameras i did so along the curb on the street with nothing but a phillips head screwdriver ( needed for 1 screw on A pillar ) and then the plastic pry bar SG supply with their cameras.

I'm also trying to update my Pro+ to V1.22 so please post the procedure here--manual instructions aren't working. I'm inserting an otherwise empty/formatted card containing the .bin file into the DVR. Power on (starting engine) and no update takes place--just regular monitoring. Also, assume I don't use V1.23 since I have the rear 291 cam?

V1.17 It works great, just thought it's good to use the latest upgrade.

Back