Firmware Issue can Someone Please Confirm?

c4rc4m

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo WR1, A119 Pro. VicoVation Opia 2, Mobius 1
Hi,

On the standard firmware (I've just confirmed it was on 1.3), my camera seems to reboot itself. It seems to be when it's bumpy which led me to believe it may be a hardware fault, specifically the USB, but I can't find anything wrong, it seems a tight connection.

Having just read about some issues with the 1.3 firmware, I was wondering if this was one of the known issues and if the bumps could just be a co-incidence. Does anyone know if this is a known firmware issue for 1.3?

I've only just seen this post but after work tomorrow (around 3pm) I'll bring my cam in and check footage incase mine has gaps. I'm also currently on 1.3. I've just relocated my cam a little lower so I can't actually see it from the driver seat, it's right behind the mirror.

I assume you're using the cable and USB charger that came with it and not an aftermarket one?

Try and change resolution to 1080p 30fps as this will reduce power consumption. this will make sure its no issue with not enough power being supplied, as power sources could be also flakky. I had similar issue with rear cam and now running rear at 1080p instead and stable now.

I've been running the Pro with V1.31 and haven't had any issues. Reboots are usually power supply related. How are you powering it?

I've been running the Pro with V1.31 and haven't had any issues. Reboots are usually power supply related. How are you powering it?

It's powered via a USB cable and lighter adaptor. I know it's rebooting because I can hear the startup bleeps everytime it happens. Not had it since I put the Mod 7 FW on but ten again only been out twice since this was installed.

Were you running a MOD firmware before, when you had the issue?

My cam is currently running 1440p30, 1.3 fw and using it's supplied charger plug and USB, I have no missing files at all, and following the times, they coincide with my journeys so there's definitely nothing missing

I had similar issue with rear cam and now running rear at 1080p instead and stable now.

is it an A119 pro? does the supplied cable reach the rear? (I haven't tried my cable for length yet)

Were you running a MOD firmware before, when you had the issue?

No. In fact tonight it's now failed completely. :cry:

I've removed it from the car to retrieve some footage and no matter what USB supply I plug it into, it's as dead as a dodo.

No. In fact tonight it's now failed completely. :cry:

I've removed it from the car to retrieve some footage and no matter what USB supply I plug it into, it's as dead as a dodo.
Tried a different USB cable? Tried without a memory card inserted.

Yes several cables, separate PSU, with w/wo SD. No response or lights.

There's no sign of power at all. It's not that it's not booting, it appears totally dead. No bleeps, no lights, no nothing.

My cam is currently running 1440p30, 1.3 fw and using it's supplied charger plug and USB, I have no missing files at all, and following the times, they coincide with my journeys so there's definitely nothing missing

is it an A119 pro? does the supplied cable reach the rear? (I haven't tried my cable for length yet)
Yes A119 pro. I think a119s better option as they consume less power. Next time a119s for rear as better night time too. I'm using 6m cable

Yes A119 pro. I think a119s better option as they consume less power. Next time a119s for rear as better night time too. I'm using 6m cable

Was the cable expensive? what AWG is it? (I need one) I heard that the longer cable can dilute the power slightly.

The A119s, at the time I bought my A119 pro, was considerably more expensive

I usually get USB cables off Amazon. There are some good quality ones at not too steep prices and you can find ones with right angled plugs.

I used Lindy quality cables here in Australia. I also ordered A119 Pro as it was cheaper and higher resolution. Actually my cable is 5m in length.

I haven't got round to getting another cable yet but I'm gonna put v1.31 on my cam tomorrow and see if the night footage is any better. Soon enough I'll be driving to work in the dark and I'll be mighty disappointed if the footage is still really poor

There's a comparison between Official 1.2 Viofo and BC Hobby Mod 7 here:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...s-bc-mod-7-stable-firmware.35908/#post-426097

It's hard to tell as a dead camera prevented me from getting the same footage on the same roads under the exact same conditions. However, I thought the night image was better on the Mod 7. The dull day image was a little disappointing but was definitely recorded under conditions that weren't a fair comparison to the 1.2 sunny day footage.

side by side with two identical cameras is really the only way to assess the changes, recordings made at a different time will always yield different results

Reactions: gse
Back