Firmware Issue can Someone Please Confirm?

Ideally yes, but a bit difficult to do with firmware unless you buy a 2nd duplicate camera specifically for firmware testing.

Only way to judge properly is side by side, granted you can't do that if you only have one camera

I'd usually do back to back runs on the same road, but impossible when the cameras gone down.

I've just tried the boot loader, several times, no joy. Dead as a mouse.

I'd usually do back to back runs on the same road, but impossible when the cameras gone down.

I've just tried the boot loader, several times, no joy. Dead as a mouse.
and right after the loader you tried to update the firmware, right?

Yeah I copied the LDBA file to the SD card on the pc via a card reader. I put the card in the A119 and plugged in the USB. There was no signs of life. I left it about 20-30 seconds. I then unplugged the usb, removed the SD, put the SD back into the pc, erased the LDBA file, added the 1.31 firmware file, put the SD back into the A119, plugged the USB back in and left it. Again no signs of life, no lights, bleeps, screen etc. So no sign of firmware loading. After a couple of mins I unplugged the USB then plugged it back again. Again still dead.

Yeah I copied the LDBA file to the SD card on the pc via a card reader. I put the card in the A119 and plugged in the USB. There was no signs of life. I left it about 20-30 seconds. I then unplugged the usb, removed the SD, put the SD back into the pc, erased the LDBA file, added the 1.31 firmware file, put the SD back into the A119, plugged the USB back in and left it. Again no signs of life, no lights, bleeps, screen etc. So no sign of firmware loading. After a couple of mins I unplugged the USB then plugged it back again. Again still dead.
Since your A119 Pro was a sample, did the model tag in the video say A119A or A119 Pro? I had a A119 Pro camera that came with a beta firmware that labeled the model tag A119A (I guess this was the name Viofo called it before A119 Pro) and Viofo had to send me a special loader file in order to update it to the current loader and firmware.
Also, you tried to load the LDBA119P.bin file, not the LDBA119.bin file correct?

same as mine A119.

No it was full production version.

Back