Firmware list

You're still covered under warranty. If you want me to send a new card please send an email or private message and I'll arrange it.

I hate to pile on here, but I'm having the same issue as Daffypuck with the intermittent laggy video. I'll try to post a link below. I have a brand new PNY 256GB card, formatted inside the camera inside the vehicle (filled it twice). I also use the passive mode on the camera.

I've had this cam for about a month and I've been testing out this issue.

SGZC12SG
2015-8-22 12:00

These are my observations:
Turning from passive mode to acc mode or vice versa often triggers the lag (I can brush my fingers in front of the lens to test). I can usually tap the power button (sometimes hold it, sometimes a couple of taps) and the image flickers back to normal stream.

Sometimes when it's in "lag mode", the power button or the menu button doesn't respond. I have had to manually disconnect power source to get it to respond.

The lag can happen at any time, but usually occurs when starting a new record duration (i.e., clean record for 1 minute but the next minute is lagged) I haven't found a video where it occurs during the same 1 minute window, only at the start of the next window.

Separate Issue:

I have filled my PNY 256GB card twice. Each time it is reaches capacity, the camera turns off completely. I cannot boot it until I erase the card on my desktop and replace back into the camera (reformatting again). Is there an overwrite setting I have missed?

This is the full 1 minute before lag

This is the lag immediately after the clean stream (the audio is also messed up here, but that is not always the case. Usually the audio streams normally when video is lagged)

I have the 32 that came with camera. I will definitely try.

Sucks that the 256GB is $80. Hopefully if that's the issue, I can return the corrupted one (also trying the h2test software posted upthread on the card.

Does your assessment also apply to the overwrite issue?

I have the 32 that came with camera. I will definitely try.

Sucks that the 256GB is $80. Hopefully if that's the issue, I can return the corrupted one (also trying the h2test software posted upthread on the card.

Does your assessment also apply to the overwrite issue?

the problem with overwrite in particular would likely be card related, the PNY cards are normally good, we have lots of people using those

Can someone point me to the latest firmware 1.02.01 ?

Thanks

The latest SGZC12SG v2 firmware has a special procedure that requires units to be flashed on our test bench. You're welcome to send in your unit for flashing if you need/want the following new features.

12/15/18 Mbps bit-rate selection
(Higher equals higher quality but eats up more storage space)

Consolidated single dark OSD bar at the bottom
(Nothing on top, dark bar is nicer)

Enable/Disable embedded OSD
(If you want an unmarked video)

If this is worth it to you send your seller an email or private message to make arrangements.
(Me if North America)

Back