Firmware Update 1.1

Accord3

Reaction score
Country
United States
After almost two months we got a firmware update

Change log:

1. Improved: Not support disable auto recording while external charger plugged
  2. Improved: Wi-Fi transfer speed.

Very Short update at that. Happy to see faster wifi transfer speed. Takes forever and failes. Hopefully this fixes it

Don't see a difference in download time. 5 mins for a 3 min video seems the same as before

Last edited:
guess no audio or led updates possible with firmware? :(
This really limits this cam for me.

guess no audio or led updates possible with firmware? :(
This really limits this cam for me.

WiFi is still slow and after the long wait it fails to download. It's annoying not to mention I have to cover my hand over led to check lights. Even doing that I can't tell.. Two months and no app updates and one small update for cam makes me upset

After almost two months we got a firmware update

Change log:

1. Improved: Not support disable auto recording while external charger plugged
What does this even mean with the double negatives? Does it disable auto recording with external charger plugged in or doesn't it?

What is considered an external charger? How does it know the difference between the cigaret plug that comes with the camera and an external charger? It doesn't have a battery so why do you need an external charger?

Don't see a difference in download time. 5 mins for a 3 min video seems the same as before

I am able to download a 3 minute file of 306 MB in 2:18 to 2:45 with the older 1.01 version.

Using the Viofo app, it gets to 100% but never finishes downloading.

If you are using Android get the FN Cam app. It is much better. You can choose to see a list of files with the time and date stamp instead of just a thumbnail so it is easier to find the file you want. I also found the downloads start immediately. With the viofo app it says "waiting to download and sits there like that for 30 to 60 seconds before it starts. You can also set the camera to auto start on power on or not. The viofo app doesn't have that option surprisingly.

If you are using Android get the FN Cam app. It is much better.

I'm on an iPhone. I did try the FNMultiCam app and that seemed a little better.

When the file downloads in FNMultiCam, does it save it on my iPhone? Can't seem to find the actual file (I looked under "Photos" and "Videos").

When the file downloads in FNMultiCam, does it save it on my iPhone? Can't seem to find the actual file (I looked under "Photos" and "Videos").

connect to iTunes and see if you can see the files there

On my Android when I download the video file in FNMultiCam app there isnt that file anywhere saved until I reboot my phone,than video appears.

I just received my WR1 today and first impressions were good but here are the main issues for me:

1. Tthe WiFi transfer speed is shockingly poor!
  2. The beeping every 2 seconds whilst the camera is not recording (during changing settings or transferring files) is driving me NUTS! Can it be switched off?!
  3. It is pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to re-watch the footage via the app. BUFFERRRRRRRRRING x 10000000
Considering sending it back I'm that unimpressed with it...!

The retailer talked me in to keeping it by offering a partial refund. I'll maybe use it for some sort of project!

The camera also gets really warm in use. I'm wondering if this is possibly something to do with the WiFi transmitting all the time? I wish they'd parameterise the time the WiFi stays on for. IE: On for 5 mins after startup or on all the time. Then it would be a quick matter of rebooting to connect WiFi to change settings.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this because it has Wifi and wifi should work, but why not reserve Wifi for setting and simply connect it to your pc via a USB cable? I do this because I don't have a smart phone and over cable file transfer is pretty much instantaneous. A second or so for a 300mb+ file. It's literally a cut and paste application. Even if it were fast, Wifi it's always going to be much slower than a physical connection.

Just my opinion, but Wifi is more suited to adjustments than downloading.

Back