Firmware update on my F770 bricked my dashcam

Blanco954

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I wish I had come accross this forum before firmware update on my F770. I am now a proud owner of a F770 that will not power up. I won this unit at a out of state car show I attended. Camera was working fine but I did notice the WiFi was a little buggy and evertime I connected to pc to view videos I would notice there was new firmware available. I decided to take the update and to my great dissapointment the damn firmware that Thinkware put out bricks my device unbelievable. Firmware should fix issues not render a good unit inoperable. I contacted Thinkware support and they informed me that they would warranty exchange unit if I have proof of purchase which I don't. I tried to track down the promotion company but I was unsuccessful. I asked how much to get unit repaired and Thinkware said "they only do warranty exchanges" which is completely ridiculous. Well I know now I won't be buying a Thinkware brand replacement. I am soo dissapointed!!!! :( with this company.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yep wish I knew of this before I took the update. :confused:

Hi There, We do offer repair options if you are out of warranty. We would love to make this situation right and get this camera fixed. Please contact our support team at 1-844-865-9273 or by Email: support@thinkware.com
Kind Regards, Thinkware Customer Support

Back