Firmware updated to 1.017 broke my camera (2CH)

percyv143

Reaction score
Country
United States
My 750S-2CH was working with older FW 1.016 and updated it to FW 1.017. After rebooting, I can connect but when I select 'live', the default camera view (front), is only white screen and after a few seconds, the connection gets disconnected. The camera still power cycles with all the audio prompts.
These are the things that I had to fix it.
1. I tried reformating the sdcard using the camera button - did not work
2. reset the SSID pw - - did not work
3. used desktop software to format the sdcard - - did not work
4. used a working sdcard from my other camera (the same model) inserted it to the non-working dashcam - did not work
5. tried using the sdcard with another camera (the same model) - the sdcard works since the other camera works and records the video

Is there any other way that I can fix this or downgrade to the older FW?
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you.

My 750S-2CH was working with older FW 1.016 and updated it to FW 1.017. After rebooting, I can connect but when I select 'live', the default camera view (front), is only white screen and after a few seconds, the connection gets disconnected. The camera still power cycles with all the audio prompts.
These are the things that I had to fix it.
1. I tried reformating the sdcard using the camera button - did not work
2. reset the SSID pw - - did not work
3. used desktop software to format the sdcard - - did not work
4. used a working sdcard from my other camera (the same model) inserted it to the non-working dashcam - did not work
5. tried using the sdcard with another camera (the same model) - the sdcard works since the other camera works and records the video

Is there any other way that I can fix this or downgrade to the older FW?
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Hello sorry to hear that You have the same problem as me.
Did You had any luck fixing it?
Thank You

@percyv143 & @amenelectric

There were two separate releases for firmware v1.017. The first release was bad and caused the issue you're describing. BlackVue released a bug fix, but did not change the version number, thus a second FW v1.017 exists which does fix the issue. You can read more about it here: https://www.rdforum.org/threads/88904/ where I have also attached the fixed version of the 1.017 firmware.

Back