Firmware upgrade explanations

simonwwfc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 512gw 1440 hd quad
I can’t seem to find anything on nextbase web site to explain what the firmware upgrades have done . When a new firmware is released I would have thought that nextbase would say what we are getting by doing the upgrade just like Apple do

No I’m on about what the upgrade actually is fixing things we are gaining etc

To be fair I was wondering the same as Simonwwfc as I have upgraded firmware updates in the past on 402g & also on my 412gw. As mentioned above Apple go into detail of what they have upgraded and improved on where as on the nextbase firmware upgrade instructions it doesn’t say nothing at all. Maybe Tiffany will read this and give the feedback to the nextbase team and perhaps they will they add this

Nextbase never provide any kind of release notes with their new firmware versions. If you ask them what has changed, you will only get non-specific answers like 'solving problems', 'improved code', 'working better', 'better stability' etc.
You just have to 'Roll the Dice' if you chose to upgrade.

I’m waiting for the newest update for the 412gw that allows me to use a 128gb sd card, currently using 64gb. But also want the update with the option to remove the annoying ‘dual files’

We can certainly provide you with whats changed, I'm sorry you got those answers @Engine1 do you know who/where those answers came from.

What would you like to know?

Tiffany any new updates since last one I received

None yet - if you like I will let you know when one it available?

Hi Tiffany. Please could you advise what the firmware upgrade from 21.6 to 22.5 will provide? Should I always upgrade the firmware to the latest version, or is there ever a reason not to do so? Do Nextbase provide a list of firmware upgrades - similar to the release notes that some software companies might provide?

21.6 - 22.5
1) marginally improved image quality.
2) bug where dual files off stopped rear cam images being recorded.
3) lowers low G-Sensor sensitivity.

Yes - its a good idea for it to be a available online, this has been spoken about. I will pass back again.

Back