firmware upgrade - image flipped?

acer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello All - I picked up one of these B1W's and like it very much. I installed it in my car so that the image was oriented properly (i.e. not upside down) when viewed through the app. The camera itself is mounted such that the USB/power plug is on the left when viewed from inside the vehicle. I had been using it this way for many weeks and recently updated the firmware (wanted the wifi off feature). All that went smoothly. After the firmware upgrade I the proceeded to change the SSID and password. After restarting the camera, the image is now upside down. I've poked around a bit and read that this image flip has recently been added to the firmware but it sounds as if the camera tries to understand its orientation vs. having it as a setting in the app. I really don't want to peel off the 3M tape just to re-mount the camera so the image is properly oriented. Is there any way to force the image to flip / or convince the camera that it's not upside down? Thanks in advance!

Is there any way to force the image to flip / or convince the camera that it's not upside down? Thanks in advance!
Not expeienced such problem before,and i will have a check after our CNY holidays;
And will back to you if need special firmware to solve it!

Is it possible that the orientation sensor is installed upside down?

Did you attempt to rotate the camera around the axis 180 ° and bring it back to its old position?

Did you attempt to rotate the camera around the axis 180 ° and bring it back to its old position?
Hello Leonauto - I did attempt to do that and it remained upside down when I installed it as I had originally setup the camera. I will try again, but I'm concerned about potentially stretching/breaking the internal wires/connectors to the lense/CCD by turning it fully around (not knowing which way it has slack - if that makes sense).

Is it possible that the orientation sensor is installed upside down?
It is possible - although I don't want to crack this unit open just yet to see/investigate. I think it would be pretty straight-forward to have an option in the settings menu to invert the camera image (vs people spinning their camera around to make it work in their orientation).

I'm concerned about potentially stretching/breaking the internal wires/connectors to the lense/CCD by turning it fully around (not knowing which way it has slack - if that makes sense).

As you can see here, there is no connection between the mounting sleeve and anything inside of the cam, so rotating the body within the mount is completely safe. All the wiring is inside the cam body itsP1210051.JPGP1210051.JPGPhil

Thanks SawMaster but the image just stays upside down when I turn it around completely. Could the next version of this firmware simply include the option to flip the image? I think I have seen Blueskysea representatives on this forum before.

@acer I am Vicky here,my team can not re-act this problem,so,could you kindly to give me more details for this dashcam then? Such as this firmware for dashcam and APP version? You can get both details in APP "about me" section;

Thanks @estore009 I'm running the mobile app on an Android phone V1.7.0 and DVR Version is V1.06.180103s (wifi off version - pulled from this forum). The flipped image didn't start right away after I performed the flash upgrade to this version. It happened after I changed the SSID to something reflecting what it was along with the SSID password. After that, the image has been flipped. I have read somewhere that this firmware auto-flips to maintain the correct orientation but mine does not (I've held it in my hand and rotated it/flipped it and the image does not correct. Any help would be great, I purchased this off of Amazon (US) and would like to get one for my wife's car but I'm holding out to make sure this is resolved somehow.

@acer PM you this firmware to reset its WiFi default setup,please check your inbox message,and let me know if any questions!

Regards,
Vicky

Thank you @estore009 I installed the firmware and it all works (image flips when I rotate the camera). This version has the wifi always on (a bit of a pain as my phone wants to switch to that SSID when I drive and I therefore have no internet). I had loaded the wifi-off firmware before, perhaps that version doesn't have the image flip? Do you have this version with wifi-off? Again, thank you for the support!

Thanks for your reply,and glad to hear that it works!
And will do that version and back to you very soon!
Regards,
Vicky

my phone wants to switch to that SSID when I drive and I therefore have no internet
Disable the Auto-Connect feature from your smartphone SSID of B1W wireless settings.
Usually when you are connecting to a new SSID the smartphone is adding automatically the Auto-Connect = On. Put it on Off for B1W.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi,
I received my B1W today and am very impressed by the first videos. But the orientation of the videos was upside down, too. No turning or shaking changed the situation.
When checking the settings of the cam I noticed that I had switched off the G-sensor before. Assuming that there is a correlation I switched the G-sensor to on again and - voilà - it works fine now (in the living room). I will check in car tomorrow.

Greetings from Germany

Gunter

Hi,
I received my B1W today and am very impressed by the first videos. But the orientation of the videos was upside down, too. No turning or shaking changed the situation.
When checking the settings of the cam I noticed that I had switched off the G-sensor before. Assuming that there is a correlation I switched the G-sensor to on again and - voilà - it works fine now (in the living room). I will check in car tomorrow.

that would make sense as the G-Sensor is needed for the auto rotate function to be able to know which way you have oriented the camera

Assuming that there is a correlation I switched the G-sensor to on again and - voilà - it works fine now (in the living room)
You should switch G-sensor on!

Back