firmware upgrade woes

arktik

Reaction score
My current firmware is 6.9 T2L-KH. I followed the steps and backed up my old firmware. I downloaded the new and renamed it yamaha.bin. Booted up my dash cam and the video shows, then for a split second the circle with firmware upgrade shows and goes away just as fast. Leaving me with live video and a broken menu button. I reboot without SD card and camera works fine and the old firmware is there. Any idea what im doing wrong?

Thanks!

edit: reason im upgrading is im getting the rare sd card is full with cycle on issue.

Firmware might not be compatible. Perhaps ask the vendor to see if they have a compatible one.

Here's everything I could find on the proper procedures:

Do not try to flash dash cams with incompatible firmware. For example, if you have a 3-button dash cam, do not use this firmware. If your existing firmware does not end in T2L-KH, do not use this firmware.
Firmware Backup

Before updating your firmware, it is highly recommended to backup your existing firmware. This can be easily done using the following method.

Download the Backup autoexec.ash file. This is a simple text file with the following contents (firmfl gen 5 bst bld pri rom dsp d:\backup.bin). This file has the necessary commands to extract the existing firmware from the dash cam.
Make sure the camera battery is fully charged
Use the following settings in your dash cam:USB – NO (USB IN – NO),Delay. – NO (SHUTDOWN – NO), Auto save – OFF (MOTION DET. – OFF) A.SHUT. – OFF (AUTO OFF – OFF)
Format the SD-card (via the dash cam or your computer).
Copy the autoexec.ash file to your formatted SD-card. DO NOT copy the autoexec.ash file to the DVR’s internal memory, only to the SD-CARD!
Insert the SD-card with the autoexec.ash file in the dashcam and turn it on. The dashcam will be in normal standby mode. The process to backup the firmware takes about 10 seconds. However, we recommend that you wait 1 MINUTE.
After waiting a minute, and turn off the dash cam.
Insert the SD-card into the computer.
Copy the firmware stored as BACKUP.BIN
Rename the resulting BACKUP.BIN in accordance with the number of your firmware. For example, “V8.9 T2L-KH.BIN”.

Simple Firmware Update Instructions

You must use an SD-Card reader to perform this operation. Do not attempt to do this directly on the dash cam.
Download the desired firmware from the section below.
Rename the downloaded firmware file to yamaha.bin
Copy the file yamaha.bin on SD-card using a card reader.
Insert the card into the dash cam and turn it on. You should see a running circle and the inscription “Firmware update”.
Do not turn off the dash cam until the symbol and the words disappear from the screen, the whole process takes about 10 seconds.
You should see a message to turn off the dash cam. Turn it off, remove the memory card and delete the yamaha.bin file.
Use your dash cam with the latest firmware.

Complete Firmware Update Instructions

You must use an SD-Card reader to perform this operation. Do not attempt to do this directly on the dash cam.
Download the Update autoexec.ash file. This is a simple text file with the following contents (rm a:\autoexec.ash
firmfl prog d:\firmware.bin >> d:\flashlog.txt
rm d:\autoexec.ash
rm d:\firmware.bin
). This file has the necessary commands to extract the existing firmware from the dash cam.
Download the desired firmware from the section below.
Rename the downloaded firmware file to firmware.bin
Copy the autoexec.ash and firmware.bin files to SD-card using a card reader.
Insert the card into the dash cam and turn it on.
Wait a minute for the process to complete (the whole process takes about 10 seconds).
Turn off the device
Use your dash cam with the latest firmware.

Latest Firmware

These firmware files are only compatible for cameras that have an existing firmware of v2.24 T2L-KH to v7.8 T2L-KH. IF THE CURRENT FIRMWARE IN YOUR DASH CAM DOES NOT END IN T2L-KH, DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR FIRMWARE.

The latest firmware is version 8.9T2L-KH. Click the following link for the latest firmware version. V8.9 T2L-KH
Previous Firmware

Click the appropriate link to download any of the previous firmware files.

V7.8 T2L-KH
V7.4 T2L-KH
V7.1 T2L-KH
V6.8 T2L-KH
V5.8 T2L-KH
V5.5 T2L-KH
V4.4 T2L-KH
V3.6 T2L-KH
V3.4 T2L-KH
V3.2 T2L-KH
V3.1 T2L-KH
V2.6 T2L-KH

i have tried both simple and complete to upgrade firmware and nothing seems to work. still have 6.9 t2l-kh

speedy said:
i have tried both simple and complete to upgrade firmware and nothing seems to work. still have 6.9 t2l-kh
Did you eventually get this cam to update to new firmware - I am getting one of these from estore009 and I am wondering if this cam can be upgraded or not and if it makes any difference to its performance .

The estore009 cam can be upgraded. However, if the cam works fine, no real benefit in upgrading.

Aussietommy said:
speedy said:
Did you eventually get this cam to update to new firmware - I am getting one of these from estore009 and I am wondering if this cam can be upgraded or not and if it makes any difference to its performance .
No i have not had any success on upgrading firmware. I have tried and it will not. Still have 6.9. I also got mine from 009. Mine works just fine but wish it would protect files.

I just got my new F500LHD with version 6.9. Just like other user, tried both simple and complete methods to update firmware and will not do it. Anyone figure out the problem yet? Purchased from estore009.
Thanks.

OK, I figured out the puzzle, as to how to update to the latest firmware listed for the F500LHD. I didn't notice when I downloaded the V1.14 file, that the file extension is ".RAR" For those not familiar with these, they are another form of "zipped" or compressed file formats and they need to be uncompressed before using them. Just changing the extension from ".RAR" to ".BIN" means nothing to the firmware flashing autoexe program. You can download the .RAR decompression program from http://download.cnet.com/RAR-File-Open- ... 71016.html . It's a free down load and of course they throw in a few other rider installs that you can go back into your add/remove programs and get rid of afterwards. Once downloaded and installed, you just use the program on the .RAR firmware file and low and behold, it gives you the "Yamaha.bin" file already to be used. I used the simple update method and it worked great, just as advertised. Of course whether its worth doing or not is up to you. I just have always like to have the latest software, even if it wasn't needed. It took me all of maybe fifteen minutes, including downloading and installing the .RAR program.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back