Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo
Enjoy!
6086cc72f2a8ffa4668177e15e9d2feb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Interesting, a great feature in my opinion.
We have a had many customers that want only the front recording as they back into their parking spots.

I would disagree. In public, I think it will be rare for you to back into a spot with a wall that makes the rear of your car inaccessible except from the front.

I would disagree. In public, I think it will be rare for you to back into a spot with a wall that makes the rear of your car inaccessible except from the front.
I always reverse my vehicle so it's front facing and it's always against solid wall in a upark, never seen a car park with access to the rear of the vehicle in Australia, unless it's street parking.

I always reverse my vehicle so it's front facing and it's always against solid wall in a upark, never seen a car park with access to the rear of the vehicle in Australia, unless it's street parking.

In the US we have fairly wide open parking lots at malls and similar shopping centers so you're likely going to have people parked next to you on 3 sides

Reactions: G13
We have a had many customers that want only the front recording as they back into their parking spots.

Yep, flexibility and options like this are good even if you don't use them yourself - at least its optional.

Last edited:
So it does not register a crash because you missed the hole you were backing into.... and ran into an adjacent car? Yes.. I can see why that would be a desirable feature you need to spend programming time on.

the on/off feature only applies to parking mode - so after a few minutes of the car being stationary the camera will switch to parking mode. So yes, it will still record the hole you reverse into.

I think in general, adding features is a good thing - but for the average user, this won't be much use - as it's an always on/off feature, meaning a person may not need it when they park at night on their driveway, but may still want it running during the day when they go to the mall or park on streets.

I think the last few firmware updates have been mainly aimed at large fleet businesses, not the average consumer.

the on/off feature only applies to parking mode - so after a few minutes of the car being stationary the camera will switch to parking mode. So yes, it will still record the hole you reverse into.

I think in general, adding features is a good thing - but for the average user, this won't be much use - as it's an always on/off feature, meaning a person may not need it when they park at night on their driveway, but may still want it running during the day when they go to the mall or park on streets.

I think the last few firmware updates have been mainly aimed at large fleet businesses, not the average consumer.
Agreed, a neat feature, but some people may not use it.

So it does not register a crash because you missed the hole you were backing into.... and ran into an adjacent car? Yes.. I can see why that would be a desirable feature you need to spend programming time on.
The feature only works in parking mode - which triggers once you've been stationary for few minutes.
Hope that clears it up!

I just updated the BlackVue iphone app to version 2.79 (the update that goes along with the 1.006 firmware update for the dr900s. However, I am finding that I'm no longer able to connect to the dashcam via direct wi-fi connection. I successfully connect to the dashcam in the iphone wifi menu. But then when I go to the app, I get the error message telling me to connect to the dashcam in the phones wifi menu (which I have already done) and then re-directs me to my iphones settings (but not the wifi menu like it used to, but now to the app's settings img2875 below). I've already tried "forgetting" the dashcam wifi from my phone and re-connecting, resetting the wifi settings on the dashcam itself back to default and re-connecting. Is anyone else having this issue with the latest blackvue app update? Again, it worked fine yesterday prior to the update. The series of screenshots is provided below to show what is happening.

Attachments

• IMG_2873.PNG
    IMG_2873.PNG
    80.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2874.PNG
    IMG_2874.PNG
    80.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2875.PNG
    IMG_2875.PNG
    71.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2876.PNG
    IMG_2876.PNG
    101.7 KB · Views: 9
I just updated the BlackVue iphone app to version 2.79 (the update that goes along with the 1.006 firmware update for the dr900s. However, I am finding that I'm no longer able to connect to the dashcam via direct wi-fi connection. I successfully connect to the dashcam in the iphone wifi menu. But then when I go to the app, I get the error message telling me to connect to the dashcam in the phones wifi menu (which I have already done) and then re-directs me to my iphones settings (but not the wifi menu like it used to, but now to the app's settings img2875 below). I've already tried "forgetting" the dashcam wifi from my phone and re-connecting, resetting the wifi settings on the dashcam itself back to default and re-connecting. Is anyone else having this issue with the latest blackvue app update? Again, it worked fine yesterday prior to the update. The series of screenshots is provided below to show what is happening.

Same thing happened to me.. here is BlackVue’s response:

Lea (BlackVue)
Oct 2, 15:01 PDT
Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing BlackVue!

I'am very sorry for the inconvenience.
There's an issue with the iOS12 at this moment, Our app team is aware of the issue and is already working on it, the new app will be released on Friday. I would suggest for you to wait for this update and hopefully it will resolve the issue.

We hope for your understanding in this matter.

Best Regards,
BlackVue Support Team

UGH. I was just having this issue and tried everything you did. Thinking that there was a wifi conflict i turned off CLOUD via cloud access and now I have zero access to the camera via the app. Hope they come up with a solution soon.

I was just about to start a new thread with this exact same issue lol fingers crossed its all resolved on Friday.

Looks like version 2.8 is out now and claims to fix the WiFi problem...

I’ve just completed the update and can confirm it’s working again.

Kudos to BV for the quick turnaround.

Back