Firmware V2.6 causes corrupted files

frogger321

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
DCTeam
Hello together,
I updated last week to. 2.6 and have the problem that the last video before camera shutdown, after turning off the engine / ignition, is corrupted and not able to play.
Also with the new 2.6 from two days ago, it's the same problem.

With older firmware I had no issues.

What to do?

Thanks!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Check the ionistors. Firmware version 2.6 working

809a38dac6cc13f7da551f8cae7f0f0e.jpeg

I will not open the cam.
Maybe better to go back to older firmware? This was working fine...
Who will change the cam if defective? Seller is no longer available

Strange, on 2.6 there are no complaints.
If the ionistors are spoiled, then in other firmware versions the latest files should be damaged when the DVR is turned off.

Last edited:
Is it a typical problem?
I'm dissatisfied, it's not a year I have the cam [emoji26]

Unfortunately, this problem occurs.

Just to eliminate the memory card, try switching to another faster Class 10 card 16-64GB or downgrade Firmware.
If the green capacitors are failing and slightly bulging as shown in GSE photo all last video clips after turning off ignition will be corrupted due to lack of 1-5 seconds of power provided by capacitors. You can confirm this issue by downgrading Firmware to previous version. If original vendor isn't available for return and cannot send to Manufacturer, suggest taking Dash Cam to local electronics shop for minor capacitor replacement. All cheap low quality capacitors will dry out faster during hot weather inside a vehicle, its an extreme environment requiring high quality more durable components., those green things are junk.

Reactions: gse
Does anyone know the bitrates that VIOFO use in each of their A119, A119s, PRO models
I read somewhere that the A119s is 15Mbps. Is this standard for VIOFO single Cam models and is this adequate? Do these units suffer because it should be higher? What would be considered ideal for 1080p and 1440p?

Just curious

Last edited:
Does anyone know the bitrates that VIOFO use in each of their A119, A119s, PRO models
I read somewhere that the A119s is 15 ... is this standard, and is this adequate ... do these units suffer because it should be higher? What would be ideal?

Just curious
good question,
currently for 1920x1080 Resolution
BitRate = 15 Mbps @30fps and 20 Mbps @60fps
using Custom modified v2.6 Firmware 1080P@30fps increasing BitRate to 28Mbps improved detail and eliminated blocky pixelation on trees, sky and fine objects. This however increased the video clip file size from 350MB to 620MB or higher on 3min clip.
Modified FW2.6:

Currently testing my own Modified Firmware BitRate = 20 Mbps @30fps and 25 Mbps @60fps

When doing Video comparisons ... I find a split top and bottom clip on the screen best to tell the difference in the detail.
I can then focus on one aspect and pause it to compare clarity of number plate detail, bricks on building walls, grass, tree foliage etc.

FW 2.6 std
FW 2.6 modified

or lower/higher bitrate

Last edited:
When doing Video comparisons ... I find a split top and bottom clip on the screen best to tell the difference in the detail.
I can then focus on one aspect and pause it to compare clarity of number plate detail, bricks on building walls, grass, tree foliage etc.

FW 2.6 std
FW 2.6 modified

or lower/higher bitrate

the comparisons are really only valid when filmed at the same time, appreciate that not everyone has multiple cameras to do this but recordings made at different times are going to give different results

Just remember, upping your bitrate may look good but it adds more stress on the camera and on the micro SD card. Doing so can make the camera much less reliable. In the end reliability is the most important for these cameras. A flaky dashcam is useless in an accident.

I remember the VicoVation MF3 I had ... had a higher bitrate ... something like 25Mbps and the video stuttered a lot ... then Vico released FW that lowered the bitrate back to 19Mbps to improve reliability. Stuttering reduced to just one jump occasionally. I no longer have an MF3.

I remember the VicoVation MF3 I had ... had a higher bitrate ... something like 25Mbps and the video stuttered a lot ... then Vico released FW that lowered the bitrate back to 19Mbps to improve reliability. Stuttering reduced to just one jump occasionally. I no longer have an MF3.
Vico has very good balanced software.
The stuttering was most likely associated with hardware, software, on your PC or a slow memory card that could not cope with the high video stream.

Just remember, upping your bitrate may look good but it adds more stress on the camera and on the micro SD card. Doing so can make the camera much less reliable. In the end reliability is the most important for these cameras. A flaky dashcam is useless in an accident.

The reliability of Viofo cameras is good, the processor's performance is high enough to record video with high bitrates.
But in each case there can be exceptions, whether it be a memory card or the hardware of the DVR itself.

Last edited:
good question,
currently for 1920x1080 Resolution
BitRate = 15 Mbps @30fps and 20 Mbps @60fps
using Custom modified v2.6 Firmware 1080P@30fps increasing BitRate to 28Mbps improved detail and eliminated blocky pixelation on trees, sky and fine objects. This however increased the video clip file size from 350MB to 620MB or higher on 3min clip.
Modified FW2.6:

Currently testing my own Modified Firmware BitRate = 20 Mbps @30fps and 25 Mbps @60fps

What software do you use to modify firmware?

My goal is to locate all Image Control attributes in the decompressed official Firmware, currently searching for Contrast & Hue. Tedious since the A119S firmware includes code features for A119 2K & A129 Wifi and 2nd Cam.
Testing my modified BCH01 = 1080@30fps 18Mbps + Sharp20 -removed Parking Mode -removed Hot-Pixel Mapping (barebones version) 3min clip=400MB
NOTE1: increasing the BitRate does improve detail but also increases processing using more power creating more heat and will damage memory cards faster if they aren't fast enough.
NOTE2: using modified firmware on your device voids warranty.
NOTE3: if modified firmware fails and DVR doesn't respond, Flash Update with official firmware to restore functionality. (hard to Brick the A119S)

Last edited:
Strange, on 2.6 there are no complaints.
If the ionistors are spoiled, then in other firmware versions the latest files should be damaged when the DVR is turned off.
May I ask you a favor... Can you post the latest firmware for A119S which is the v2.6 in ZIP form. On Viofo's site I cannot seem to open that bin file but in zip file I know it will be ok.

Created detailed 20 Step Firmware Modification Procedure including How to change the startup Logo. Once the DIY Video is done will post soon. Require 6 small free programs.
My goal is to locate all Image Control attributes in the decompressed official Firmware, currently searching for Contrast & Hue. Tedious since the A119S firmware includes code features for A119 2K & A129 Wifi and 2nd Cam.
Testing my modified BCH01 = 1080@30fps 18Mbps + Sharp20 -removed Parking Mode -removed Hot-Pixel Mapping (barebones version) 3min clip=400MB
NOTE1: increasing the BitRate does improve detail but also increases processing using more power creating more heat and will damage memory cards faster if they aren't fast enough.
NOTE2: using modified firmware on your device voids warranty.
NOTE3: if modified firmware fails and DVR doesn't respond, Flash Update with official firmware to restore functionality. (hard to Brick the A119S)

Much appreciated. Did you hapen to find saturation settings also? I find the stock firmware severely pushes it too far.

May I ask you a favor... Can you post the latest firmware for A119S which is the v2.6 in ZIP form. On Viofo's site I cannot seem to open that bin file but in zip file I know it will be ok.
On any website link simply right-click then select "Save As" to start download, now you can select any destination. VIOFO used to link a ZIP then changed to raw binary file links. Probably because customers were copying the FWA119S.ZIP file to memory card and wondering why it doesn't update. For many Dash Cam owners performing a Firmware Update on any device can be a challenge if never done before. I must admit its worth the risk if the improvements are important to you, else just skip it or seek guidenace from someone. The next Firmware Release will be the one you want. v2.7 or 2.8
How to Update Firmware using a mircoSD Card reader:

Last edited:
Back