Firmware Version 22.8 Release Notes and Where to Download Previous Firmware Versions

povgride742

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

Two questions:
  1. Does anyone have the release notes for firmware version 22.8?
  2. Does anyone know where to download firmware version 21.5?
I received a replacement 522GW unit due to a warranty issue and updated right to the most recent (22.8) before even using it. However, I'm having issues with the rear view camera that I didn't on the original unit with 21.5, so I'm trying to rule out firmware.

Thank you,
Brett

I think the 22.8 firmware may be dodgy (see my post in the link below) as the support staff had the same SOS problem that I did when they tested their 552GW.

It could also explain why I can't get the Alexa function to work. They are looking at a solution & will get in touch with me so I'll keep the forum updated.

Well I’ve just downloaded the 22.8 firmware update. But not out on the road til tomorrow, so will have to wait and see. The 522 GW has worked fine since purchase a few years ago, so will be pretty hissed off if now all of a sudden it doesn’t. But right now I have every faith all will be well.

Well I’ve just downloaded the 22.8 firmware update. But not out on the road til tomorrow, so will have to wait and see. The 522 GW has worked fine since purchase a few years ago, so will be pretty hissed off if now all of a sudden it doesn’t. But right now I have every faith all will be well.
If your 552GW SOS & Alexa functions work ok after the 22.8 firmware it has to mean that my 522GW is faulty & I'll be returning it.
Will you let me know if it does work or not when you've driven with it.
Thanks.

Yes of course

Yes of course
Thanks.
Yesterday I had a phone call from Nextbase, during which I realised that the dashcam wasn't showing a GPS signal but it's attached to the same mount that the 322GW was attached to & that always had a GPS signal, so as advised, today I'm going to try it with the GPS mount that came with the 522GW, but I can't see why that would make any difference as I don't think the mounts are specific to a particular model.

It could just be that the two mounts are not transferable, wouldn’t surprise me in the least. When I got my 522 having used the 512 with rear camera, I could not believe that the rear cameras where not interchangeable, what a waste of money for customers, or even the same connectors. The golf ball design of the 522 is an utter failure. (Possibly a designer on an ego trip designed it). But I’ve had to find a way to live with it, it’s certainly not designed for 5 door hatch backs.
The above said, I have been out this morning and everything was working as it should. I do not usually use Alexa, but I did install for the purposes of a test, she is now uninstalled and confined to the bottom drawer.
Hope changing the Mount is the answer to your problem.

It could just be that the two mounts are not transferable, wouldn’t surprise me in the least. When I got my 522 having used the 512 with rear camera, I could not believe that the rear cameras where not interchangeable, what a waste of money for customers, or even the same connectors. The golf ball design of the 522 is an utter failure. (Possibly a designer on an ego trip designed it). But I’ve had to find a way to live with it, it’s certainly not designed for 5 door hatch backs.
The above said, I have been out this morning and everything was working as it should. I do not usually use Alexa, but I did install for the purposes of a test, she is now uninstalled and confined to the bottom drawer.
Hope changing the Mount is the answer to your problem.
Thanks.
The dash cam didn't work with either of the two GPS mounts so Nextbase have deemed it as faulty & are replacing it.
I just hope I don't need any dash cam footage while I'm waiting as it's packed up ready for DPD to collect it when they deliver the replacement unit.

Hello,

Two questions:
I received a replacement 522GW unit due to a warranty issue and updated right to the most recent (22.8) before even using it. However, I'm having issues with the rear view camera that I didn't on the original unit with 21.5, so I'm trying to rule out firmware.

Thank you,
Brett
I've used my 552GW with the 22.8 firmware & the rear camera, which was originally connected to my 322GW, worked ok with the 522GW, so that rules out a firmware issue.

Hello,

Two questions:

Thank you,
Brett
Hello Brett,

Change log from R21.5 > R22.8:

• Adds new automatic lat-long based time calculator
  • Adds new locations
  • Changes settings menu UI
  • Adds new hardware compatibility
If you want to try the R21.5 version, please email us at support@nextbase.com and we can send through the firmware file.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hello Brett,

Change log from R21.5 > R22.8:

• Adds new automatic lat-long based time calculator
  • Adds new locations
  • Changes settings menu UI
  • Adds new hardware compatibility
If you want to try the R21.5 version, please email us at support@nextbase.com and we can send through the firmware file.

Kind regards,
Millie
Hi Millie,

Thank you and I apologize for the delayed response. I was able to fix the camera issue (user error on my part).

However, I do see the 522GW support page no longer lists the 22.8 firmware. Should I roll back to 21.5 which is listed?

Thank you,
Brett

Hi,

Apologies for the delayed reply, I have been on Annual Leave.
Please update your dashcam to firmware version R23.7, which is available via our website. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Millie

Hi,

Apologies for the delayed reply, I have been on Annual Leave.
Please update your dashcam to firmware version R23.7, which is available via our website. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Millie
No apologies necessary. Updated! Any release notes? Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Here's the Changelog for R23.7:

• New automatic time and date calculator based on lat-long
  • New menu item ( Date Format )
  • Menu item removals: Country & Time zone.
  • Menu item changes: Time & Date now displays three options Automatic/Manual Timezone/Manual Time
Kind regards,
Millie

Hello,

Here's the Changelog for R23.7:

• New automatic time and date calculator based on lat-long
  • New menu item ( Date Format )
  • Menu item removals: Country & Time zone.
  • Menu item changes: Time & Date now displays three options Automatic/Manual Timezone/Manual Time
Kind regards,
Millie
Thank you!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D 522GW 0
S 522GW 2
KenDay 522GW 10
P 522GW 3
Decking 522GW 6
Back