Firmware Version Identification

HBDave

Reaction score
Country
United States
On my iPhone using the Viofo App when displaying the Firmware Version it shows VIOFO_A139_V1.2_....

I know they append the date to the end, but it's not visible. Is there another method to determine the date of the firmware?

Might be the first version of 1.2, thus needing no suffix. I have several versions saved, not sure what I've got and the only way I have to identify them is to load them into the cam and see what it says. That's on the short-list as we're in the middle of trying to discover if the newer FW is buggy or not.

Phil

Might be the first version of 1.2, thus needing no suffix. I have several versions saved, not sure what I've got and the only way I have to identify them is to load them into the cam and see what it says. That's on the short-list as we're in the middle of trying to discover if the newer FW is buggy or not.

Phil
Actually you can load the firmware file to any hex editor and a few lines below the begining there is a complete version of the firmware. (without the need to flash it) :cool:

bstbstbs.pngtrshrthtrs.png

Last edited:
I submitted a ticket with Viofo and below is my question and their response.

Submitted Question:
I recently purchased an A139 2ch and it came with firmware 1.2, yet you show firmware 1.1 as the current version on your website. What is the latest release.

Viofo Response:
V1.2 is to be released on the official website, it is stable, if you have any other problem, you may contact us.

FYI: Thanks to one brave user on this forum, now we know that Viofo website, despite the description, contains download link for v1.2 20210507.

I can confirm the "1.1" link on Viofo's site is actually the V1.2_0507 version. I downloaded yesterday and am running it now. I think I have every FW version for this cam including betas, so if anyone needs a specific version let me know.

Phil

I can confirm the "1.1" link on Viofo's site is actually the V1.2_0507 version. I downloaded yesterday and am running it now. I think I have every FW version for this cam including betas, so if anyone needs a specific version let me know.

Phil
You mean, like, I'm not trustworthy..? :cautious: :ROFLMAO:

The cameras people are receiving now have 1.2 on them, haven’t seen any releases of it though.
The one I received Yesterday (June 24th) contained v1.1
I had to upgrade to v1.2.. even though their site says v1.1, I've seen many manufactures not capable of updating the website information, and just replacing the firmware file with the newer release.. so I did the upgrade anyways, because I've had nothing but issues with the A139 since installing yesterday morning.

You mean, like, I'm not trustworthy..? :cautious: :ROFLMAO:
No, not at all. You find similar errors like this with many devices and with many other cams too. It's just someone not thinking about needing the change the version number when they change the link to a newer FW. The link does what it is supposed to do which to me is what matters most, but it does need to be fixed ;)

Some dsashcam web pages are so full of similar information errors that it is almost comedy to read them :LOL:

Phil

On my iPhone using the Viofo App when displaying the Firmware Version it shows VIOFO_A139_V1.2_....

I know they append the date to the end, but it's not visible. Is there another method to determine the date of the firmware?

Per my original message, I wish there was a way to see the full Firmware Version installed, without having to look at a Hex Dump.

On the Viofo App running on an iPhone SE (4.7" Display), the Firmware Version Identification is truncated and I'm unable to see the append date.

Since they don't update the .prefix (1.2, 1.3, 1.4) with each release, but instead append a date to the end, it's difficult for me to determine which release I have and when to update.

Normal IT Naming Conventions are: V.R.M (Version . Release . Modification Level). Example: V1R2M1. Using a date for the Modification Level makes it to long to display.

Back