Firmware with GPS settings

holee

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR900X-2CH
I have just received 3 files for firmware with GPS settings from the vendor. But the files are too big to be uploaded.

Who can help?

Sorry I am a noob at uploading files. Can I email you the files and you help me upload? LOL

Sorry I am a noob at uploading files. Can I email you the files and you help me upload? LOL

go to any of those sites, sign up, choose upload and then share the link with whoever you're wanting to share them with, nothing hard about it at all really

go to any of those sites, sign up, choose upload and then share the link with whoever you're wanting to share them with, nothing hard about it at all really

Ok i go try

Please help check if the following firmwares with GPS settings for different countries work for you.

20130508 v1.08.03_(Taiwan, China, Singapore, Russia (Irkutsk), Philippines, and Australia (Perth), Central Mongolia).zip (5.7 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!1pkWUbCT!N2WCV0pY1WlX4wQ2uQlQ6GEO4E4-8pwEVHWeEJYdUF8

20130508 v1.08.03_(South Korea, Japan, Russia (Yakutsk), East Mongolia, Indonesia).zip (5.7 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!U00wAJRL!Ol1PxwIlbfsZBXjPWw7FAHyllfd-33O1MQqLcF3SsSE

20130508 v1.08.03_(Ukraine, Russia (Kaliningrad), Finland, Egypt, Greece, Israel).zip (5.7 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!RoMBmCwL!CwvlOmQaSOqqkEGKDqFuKxCDB5YQPoeqpgP4SkAITUI

I am happy to announce that the new firmware with GPS worked for me. As soon as the GPS was locked, the date and time of the dashcam was updated to my local time. Bravo!

I noticed over the weekend that the price of the complete package had jumped by 50 dollars to $294 but today it was reduced to $261.

Hopefully they'll make a USA version of the firmware too. . . ?

Hopefully they'll make a USA version of the firmware too. . . ?

+1 on that. I suspect that it's longitude based rather than country. Mountain time (GMT -7) would be nice. Any heads-up for North America thould be appreciated.

Just got reply from the vendor. They are working on the USA GPS settings.

Could I ask about a UK update as well? Thanks.

Sure, I'll just drop an email to the vendor. You should also email the vendor and let them know, this will hasten the process as well.

OK thanks, I've dropped them a message on twitter @powerucc. Is there a specific email address I should use?

OK thanks, I've dropped them a message on twitter @powerucc. Is there a specific email address I should use?

It's best to email whoever sold you the dashcam.

I sent a message to shpkorea on ebay (where I purchased the camera) and asked about a firmware update for the USA. Here's the response I got:

Sorry for the inconvenience.
The manufacturer is working on it, but it is not available for the USA since USA has 5 time zones.

If the time keeps on changing back to Korea local time whever you stop the car,
you should unplug the GPS until a firmware is complete.
I am asking the manufacturer to quickly add the time zone setting for the GPS to the firmware 1.08.05.

So far I've been really pleased with the communications I've had with shpkorea. I can definitely recommend purchasing from them.

making multiple firmwares for different timzones is silly, they could have just implemented a timezone offset option if they don't know how to do auto timezone and just had one version, they'd just spend more time mucking about with multiple versions

making multiple firmwares for different timzones is silly, they could have just implemented a timezone offset option if they don't know how to do auto timezone and just had one version, they'd just spend more time mucking about with multiple versions

Yes I totally agree with you.

I sent a message to shpkorea on ebay (where I purchased the camera) and asked about a firmware update for the USA. Here's the response I got:

Sorry for the inconvenience.
The manufacturer is working on it, but it is not available for the USA since USA has 5 time zones.

If the time keeps on changing back to Korea local time whever you stop the car,
you should unplug the GPS until a firmware is complete.
I am asking the manufacturer to quickly add the time zone setting for the GPS to the firmware 1.08.05.

So far I've been really pleased with the communications I've had with shpkorea. I can definitely recommend purchasing from them.
HI,

I am manufacture for panorama 2 product.
I didn't know this forum. Anyway, within this year, I will release firmware.
this firmware will change as follows.
1. time zone --> all GPS time zone support.
2. file name --> base on the time.
3. folder ---> 3 folder to convenience.
if have any problem on panorama 2, give mail to txrice@naver.com

Thanks for the nico.

Back