Firmware

Bluenose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 622GW
I am using version 1.01.09 on my Panorama X2, can anyone tell me please if there is a later version available at the moment that is stable.

I did upgrade my firmware some time ago, can't remember to which version but, whichever version it was turned out to be a bit iffy and so I reverted back to my current one.

I am wondering if a later version might help with my 'Parking' problems that I am having at the moment.

Many thanks

On this model for maximum stability the Best thing you can do is disable power control in settings.

If you need to record while away use a third-party low-voltage control system instead.

Last edited:
On this model for maximum stability the Best thing you can do is disable power control in settings.

If you need to record all the way use a third-party low-voltage control system instead.

That would mean messing about with the wiring and I'm not too keen on getting involved with that side of things.

As a matter of interest, do the manufacturers of Dashcams tend to use the same size jackplugs on their cables. I was just thinking that if they do I could give a different camera a go without all of the hassle of feeding cables behind the trim, I could simply use the existing.

No this model uses a proprietary plug that isn't compatible. It looks similar to the Lukas dual channel power plug for example but doesn't work. (I tried)

We have feedback from users that 1.2.6 and 1.2.7 works well. I'd suggest you try the latest 1.2.7 to see how things go. Here's a post of the link to download the firmware. Hope it helps.

1.02.07 is the latest but Power control is the main problem and this hardware bug isn't possible to be addressed via firmware unfortunately.

I have had my camera for a couple of years now and the power control problem seems to have been around all that time. I can recall a couple of occasions when my battery has been discharged. I tend to disconnect the camera now when I am at home but do leave it connected when parking for just a few hours. Having said that the camera hasn't produced any real parking images for some time by the looks of things. I only really found out yesterday because I needed to check to see who/what had damaged my car. The driving video images produced by the camera are excellent, it is such a shame that this bug persists.

I might consider getting another camera anyway as I do like to have the parking mode available when on supermarket and hotel car parks and, if it is not now working properly I need to do something about it.

I've had my X2 for almost 3 years now and started with firmware 1.2.1. Whenever the new firmware is out, I tested it out and had been on 1.2.3, 1.2.4, 1.2.5 and 1.2.7. Don't know what happened to 1.2.6 but to me 1.2.5 and 1.2.7 works best for me.

Got the transcend cards from Pier 28 but was told Transcend is not the best choice after a year or so. So, I started using the 64G Kingston UHS-1 Class 10. I do find different cards work differently. The transcend works best with 1.2.5 but when I changed to Kingston, 1.2.7 works for me very well.

Driving to work only takes me 30 mins and I have parking mode on for 6 hours in the parking lot. Most of the motions captured are from front lens and I had about 30 to 50 clips a day. I would recommend 1.2.5 or 1.2.7 if older version doesn't work for you.

Transcend is good, Sandisk is the one the avoid.

Are you sure about this?

If you are going above 32GB, those 64GB 300x transcend TLC based cards are no longer recommended. (see previous few pages of posts) The new recommended card is Lexar 633x MLC based memory card. Luckily the prices of come way way down on these MLC cards recently. You're still under warranty, I think I'll just help you get the Lexar cards.

This is why I dumped the Transcend cards that came as a bundle.

1.02.07 is the latest but Power control is the main problem and this hardware bug isn't possible to be addressed via firmware unfortunately.

Firmware 1.2.7 might not solve your problem. But version 1.01.09 is rather old and each newer version have some old bugs fixed. Upgrading to newer version should help with some old issues. I would give it a go when nothing else seems to work out. Doesn't hurt to try.

Last edited:
Back