First accident after owning and reviewing over 100 dashcams...

Sunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
Thankfully, not a serious one...
Oh and my wife was driving.
Also, I only have front facing dashcam on that car so didn't capture the rear footage.
Date is off. It should be 20190702.

A car hit the car behind my car and that car hit me.
You can hear the screeching sound at 0:55.
It was red and the traffic was already almost to the middle of intersection and this guy hits stopped car.
Had she drove through on yellow light, it'd be prevented but it wasn't the car behind her hit her, it was the 2nd car behind.
The car that hit was completely destroyed and had to be towed.
They were 4 or 5 late teenage guys and girls so must have been having too much fun to pay attention.

Both, my car and the car behind me (Mercedes) didn't have much damage and drove away after police did their investigation.
My car has some bumper damage from the car that got hit.
Don't buy a Saturn. ;)

20190702_151605-accident.jpg

20190702_151807-accident.jpg

See the skid marks??? It's like over 50 feet of marks there...
20190702_152633-accident.jpg

Impact at 0:55 in the video below:

All those camera reviews, yet no rear cam installed?

Is that a dashcam in the kids' car? Might just be something on the back seat.

Last edited:
See the skid marks??? It's like over 50 feet of marks there...
Haven't seen skid marks like that since last century before anti-lock brakes became mandatory.

Don't think I want a USA built car if they don't have basic safety features!

Only a minor bit of damage luckily. Still means money needs to be spent for a repair. Looks like Tony has spotted a DC in the kids car. That would be interesting to see...

All those camera reviews, yet no rear cam installed?

Is that a dashcam in the kids' car? Might just be something on the back seat.

View attachment 47115
I don't think it's a dashcam.
I'll check other photos. Maybe they'll show better.
It's my car but wife is the main driver 99%.
Even the front one had to be small like the DR01.
I have dual camera on the car that I drive.

Btw, impact was not enough to trigger file lock.
I think I set it at medium or could be low g-sensor.

7 seconds between your stopping and the impact, that's got to be driving without due care and attention, or whatever similar is there....

Yeah. Lets hope that cupcake picture was worth it.
Its my feeling everything on social media are about cupcakes, so thats what i pull out of my had every time i have suspicions of that being involved.

Yeah. Lets hope that cupcake picture was worth it.
Its my feeling everything on social media are about cupcakes, so thats what i pull out of my had every time i have suspicions of that being involved.
cupcake?

1510091784-baked-by-melissa-chocolate-sundae-cupcake-1217.jpg

I am stunned there are people that can not eat a meal before photographing it and post those pictures on social media.

Last night the local police here came across a stopped car,,,, with the engine running, and a 24 YO girl sleeping inside, turn out she was under the influence of drugs, and already had her license suspended for that vary same offense.
I assume she in her drug educed sleep was dreaming of cupcakes,,,, and maybe unicorns dancing with pink elephants too :D

24 YO and a girl, and already a hardcore DUI driver :( so sad.

Wow- I'm sure glad it wasn't worse. There really needs to be a severe penalty for those who drive without paying adequate attention, but here in SC USA the girl who caused this would still be licensed to drive afterward if she had a clear license before this happened. If you're not looking where you're going you shouldn't be driving at all- you're not intelligent enough to understand the responsibilities driving imposes on you towards everyone else's safety :mad:

As you all know my workvan has cams everywhere and now I have some extras which will go into a second vehicle when I get another one, as well as being gifted to friends and family who want one :cool: I really feel naked without both front and rear coverage anymore. And maybe I should also invest in Samsung's SD card division while I'm at it as I've nearly lost count of how many cards I have- and I need more still :LOL:

Phil

Sunny, what was the final outcome of this?

Back