First Dash Cam - F800 Pro

BoeJoula

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
F800 Pro
Hi, I'm Joe and I'm new here. I have had my F800 Pro installed for 5 days now and I would have to say I like it. I don't have anything to compare it to as this is my first dash cam. I do have it hardwired and have the rear cam as well.

First thing I notice was how tricky it has been to get set up and working with my Hotspot. It works, sometimes faster/better than others. Sometimes I just have to back out and try to connect again. Nothing crazy and I don't mind it so much although it would be nice if it ran smooth. Quality is fairly decent on both cameras, my only gripe is the reflection from the windshield.

Can anyone share their settings with me? I assume some things may vary depending on car and region but, I'd like to see what other people are using. I am in New Jersey, USA if that helps.

I believe the installer went to the fuse box for power, will this get me through the night with Parking mode on Motion? I haven't set it up to find out how long it will last yet, I have kept it in Power Save mode.

Also, is there a way to continuously record one video? I notice it records in 1-minute clips.

Lastly, What SD cards have you found that work well with these units. I have the 32G comes with but would like to upgrade to a 128G.

I'm sure I will come up with more questions as time goes on. Thank you in advance for any feedback you have.

Back