First dash cam quick question

steveeeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

Just fitted first ever dash cam 322GW with rear camera plug in , updated firmware , app connected all good

Question is the dash cam is connected to a switched live cigarette socket and un-sure regarding the parking mode

I intend on leaving the dash cam fitted in the car all the time , it will be powered off due to the switched power lead and ideally would like to use the car parking mode

The car parking mode is switched off as default , If I turn car parking mode will it just power on from cams internal battery to record ?

Don't want to cause any problems with the cars battey , but as switched think all will be ok

Thanks in advance

Regards Steve

Hi Steve,

So if you're using a Switch Live Cigarette Socket and then turn on Parking Mode, when parking mode is activated and the car's ignition is off, the Dash Cam will use it's internal battery until it is drained.

This will not damage your car battery in anyway, or drain it at all.

Please be aware that if you camera is activated multiple times in one night, this will drain the cameras battery severely and it may not start up instantly the next time it is powered as it will need to regain some charge. If the Dash Cam is being drained every night, I'd recommend taking it inside your house/office and doing a full 2-3 hour charge every 1-2 weeks to prevent any Dash Cam failure.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

I run mine from my Cigarette Socket too. But when I leave it on parking mode I leave it connected to a power bank tucked under the sun visor and then it stays fully charged for when it is activated and can draw power from the bank at anytime it is activated keeping the internal battery topped up to the full. Most power banks these days power off once the device is fully charged as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rickn55 322GW 7
H 322GW 19
N 322GW 6
M 322GW 4
T 322GW 3
Back