First dashcam SG9665GC V3 - in India

Hi @Harsh, wish you the best on this festival of lights! I feel very bad for the smog news shown on TV daily.

Down here, I got busy with the online procurement last week, which is highly unusual for me.

I could buy 2 Samsung Evo Plus grade 3 cards of 64 GB each on Amazon and used them in the two dashcams (GC & A119S). I was stuck for the long USB cable to power them. I tried ordering from VIOFO link that you sent, but it was taking 14-28 days, though not costing around Rs 800. I need this week. However, I went ahead and ordered, but it didn't go through and showed some error, even on repeated attempts. So, I dropped the idea.

However, while I looked and looked for the same, I tried the cameras with existing armour. I powered GC through Cig lighter socket through its own cable and the A119S from the USB port given in the glove-box. I was searching for magnets, but then got few from my daughter's old project kits. I even tried to use the GPS mount (sent by you with A119S), but its red sticky layer wont peel-off without pulling the whole tape off the GPS mount. There was enough space on the rear window above the defogger lines to fix the mount. But then, I could hang it there using magnets. This also kept it under shade of the rear roof. I found both dashcams powering up as we drove off. Every time, I stopped and started the car, they were seen getting ON. I haven't checked the videos yet though.

Then I searched for cable on Amazon.in. I was considering multiplying my sockets and had asked your advice. I couldn't get the LIHAN one (see earlier post), but then ordered TELSAR make charger after finding some good comments. I also ordered a 6 feet USB-A to USB-B cable on Sunday. Both orders showed to take a week to arrive, precisely the day when I leave. I was keeping my fingers crossed, but got lucky and my wife informed this morning that the charger has arrived. I shall check that and report back.

So long!

Ravi_M

Happy Diwali!

Yes there's something wrong with Paypal or Viofo's website.

Start at one of the edges, use a tweezer or a sewing needle to get under the red layer.

Don't need any additional cables, can plug the GC and Viofo charger into the Talsar unit's 12V sockets.

Hi,

I formatted the new 64 GB card and it worked well. Now I have two dashcams with 64 GB each watching front & rear. I presently used magnet to fix the rear one (VIOFO A119S), but I found the video somewhat shaky, for obvious reason. Now I shall stick it to the glass.

I used the TALSAR make car charger. It is working fine. I costs some 1000 rupees. It has two cig-sockets with press-buttons switches for each and two USB-A ports with a display that shows battery voltage, output voltage and current in turn. Quite handy.
Incidentally, I happened to get an action-cam while redeeming some credit card points. It is labelled as 'SWISS MILITARY'. Looked OK. I have checked it and saw the clips and found them OK. It claims to withstand 30m underwater condition. I shall check it during scuba diving. How good is this brand? I am not pinning much hopes on it, though.

Here are greetings and best wishes to all members of DCT on our festival of lights '(Diwaali OR Deepaawali). Deep = Lamps.

Last edited:
Completed my trip of 2000 km around with two dashcams carrying 64 GB each.
@Harsh, I could peel off the tape from the GPS mount supplied with A119S and stick it to the rear glass just above the defogger strips. It is so convenient to attach & remove the dashcam from the mount because the cable is connected to the mount permanently. The TASLAR multiple charges also arrived in time & I used it to power my GC and A119S as well as mapmyindia navigator. Still left with a USB-B port that I used to charge my smartphone while the USB port of my car played music from a pen-drive. All worked so smoothly. The display on TASLAR shows battery voltage that we kept checking.

I checked the front view videos and found them very good. Audio is so clear! I shall check A119S and report back.

Only one issue couldn't be sorted due to lack of time. I couldn't save files on the memory cards as I hadn't checked the method for doing that (which button to press!). As we drove some 13 hours on first day, 9 hours on the next and 4 hours on the next two days, what it shows is the drive done on the fifth day (last day) when we travelled for about 12 hours.

I am going to check the clips and count how many hours of video each memory card is holding before getting over-written.

Is it specified somewhere? Do you guys know that?

All-in-all, a satisfying experience with my dashcams.

Cheers!

I am going to check the clips and count how many hours of video each memory card is holding before getting over-written.

Is it specified somewhere? Do you guys know that?

Roughly 8 hours on a 64GB card.

I haven't used that for either. I am powering both from cigarette lighter socket only through a multiple output charger unit. Sorry!

Back