First dashcam user - New car and worried about power bank temperatures

genozzolo

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hello

I want to put a 4g router in my car so I can connect to the dash cam and other stuffs.

Almost all portable routers have an internal battery, is it safe? I bought the blackvue ultra battery specifically because I'm scared of any fires caused by cheap battery.

Unfortunately I can not find other lifepo4 powerbank, they all ended up on amazon in europe.

Do you know anything else safe or just the blackvue and cellink are safe? I would keep them under the seat away from direct light. In Italy the external summer temperatures are 40 degrees, inside the car I do not know how much.

Sorry for dumb questions but going soon to vacation and I would like to spend wisely my money :p

what makes me a bit upset its : TQKA LIfepo4 power bank going for 30 dollars, with 20k mah and blackvue /cellink going over 200

A power bank will charge much slower than the cellink dedicated battery, but you might be able to make do with a power bank but it depend on your charge / drive time and how much you plan to use parking guard.
The advantage for the cellink is it can charge a almost empty battery fast as it charge upwards of 10 A, that much you cant feed into a conventional power bank.

I see temperatures around 46 degrees in my glove box now ( 30 degrees outside ) , the same i would assume are the case a little bit lower where i would put a battery pack / power bank.

another question.

I will use blackvue dr750 1CH in front powered by blackvue ultra battery.

blackvue ultra battery will connect to cig

Then I wanna buy Celink neo6 and place in in the back seats powered by 12v , I will attach THinkware cam ( didnt pick one yet ) and tp link router that has his own battery 2000 MAH.

Some days will be on 24/24, it is safe ? Im gonna place them under seats.

Can I use both power banks while im driving or my car cant power that much ? Renault megane grandtour Gt coming.

THanks for help and sorry my english.

Can I use both power banks while im driving or my car cant power that much ? Renault megane grandtour Gt coming.

Please let me know before ordering :p

thanks!

Please let me know before ordering :p

thanks!
My guess is that nobody knows! Let us know when you find out...

You appear to have a fairly powerful alternator on that car but I would expect that in winter when you are using lights, wipers, heater etc a lot, you may have issues with your car battery not charging enough unless you do a lot of km, probably OK in the summer.

Back