First look of Lenovo V5 Car DVR

GearBest

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Here we find a cool dashcam called Lenovo V5 2.4 inch screen Super Clear Night Vision 1080pCar DVR

KOrQoO_um1o5Bx_-oN6f9gTg-G3JLBmZcMuPgvWmPMI=w231-h255-no
h2NwCmZw-jgveJQLak--E2qpQcEzrybooDH54bFtJ2c=w257-h252-no
sHy-2anLNv3qdvN3ZvmlHhFHaRFotGmVf7Vm17ZQZTQ=w231-h252-no
cs94yphSV8M6IjByKPQQ8FRW88GCOq1xAWDvI8BbKoQ=w265-h275-no

Main feature:

Novatek96650 chipset

3 MP image resolution 3.2 Coms sencor

Support 10806P at 30FPS

120 degree lens angle

2.4 inch high resolution TFT LCD screen

Support G-sensor lock and manual lock

Support motion detection

Supportloop-cycle recording

100mAh bulit-in lithium battery

How do you feel?

Would it be you next opinion?
umawe65i9F6Hs-AoIW-1qGJ71re8zZt-CzcaJQyjHoM=w370-h500-no

Last edited:
Silly. The kind of dashcam that make me happy i dont have fathered any kids.

How do you feel?
Like a young boy in a toy shop.

Would it be you next opinion?
I would not want one even if it had the best performance of all dash cams and a low price. To add to its horrible appearance it looks very big.

I want a cam that's small and easy to mount anywhere I want* - which also means a mount with lots of adjustment. The closest I've come to perfection was the Cobra 820 but it is not a reliable cam. Next closest to perfection is the Nextbase 101 but it's only 720p/30fps and a 1MP sensor.

Many cameras simply won't fit on the windscreen of my main car. Of the few that do, the Cobra 840 is most suitable due to its unusual mount which offers an outstanding range of adjustment to get the position perfect.

Modern cars have very shallow windscreen angles which makes it very difficult to adjust the mount to point the cam at the road rather than the sky. The shallow windscreen angle also makes it more difficult to mount cams behind the rear view mirror, especially on cars with a large mirror housing which contains the electronics (light sensors) for auto-dimming mirror, automatic wipers and automatic headlights.

Hehe, I am a fan of lenovo laptops but haven't seen their dashcam yet.

Haha, I have seen quite a few cars with Autobot and Decepticon badges on the back. maybe if the manufacturer can make it waterproof, we can use this instead. Has more function too as a cam. But likely to get stolen :D

I have seen it over half year ago.
Design wise its targeting a local market.

Different people have different views, We will probably carry this camera later ;)

I suspect it to be "double purpose" design... to look as cheap as poop of a pigeon, so nobody would want to steal it... :D

If you want to hide a dashcam in plain view, make it look like one of those car smell thingies, or maybe a toll thingie.

Though that will be a little invane here as we only have tool on a fjew bridges, and i think most regular drivers just pay cash or with credit card. ( though you can get a toll thingie for free )

in some markets this would be very effective, nobody would suspect it's a camera once hidden amongst all the power rangers, smurfs, air fresheners etc that crowd the dash

I'd buy it if it looked like a yellow plastic duck.

Why is the girl out of focus? Did they photoshop the picture?

Personally I think you guys are missing the point - who cares if this is a camera...it's irrelevant, especially when you have optimus prime guarding your car. This camera could be WVGA for all I care, I have a bloody transformer guarding my car.

It takes motion detection to a whole new level. Little bump in the car park from the car in front? No problem, optimus destroys their car.

Cheers,

JooVuu

I expect the subliminal messages in their advertising should allude to this extra level of protection ;)

Back