First Post...and a question

xpower180

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi forum members, I have just bought a Yi Action Camera (23L) and cannot get around the 'issue' outlined below:

From day 1 the LED Status Ring has only ever shown red. At first I thought the camera must've shipped with a dud battery - although it would power the camera the app always reported the battery at 0%.
I bought two spare batteries with a dual charger and charged them fully. Once again when used in the camera the LED ring is only ever red.

Thinking the issue may lay in a corrupted firmware I flashed to an older version; during the flashing process the status ring changed through all three colours and I thought I'd sorted it, but once in normal use it will only light in red again.
Now I know that the LED is capable of showing all three colours - I'm at a loss as to why it doesn't do so to reflect the battery charge with the appropriate colour ring.

I have tried searching the forum for an answer but didn't find anything relating to this scenario. Is there anyone here who can offer a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Back