First Scene dashcam

Roeljosef

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hi everyone. I would like to ask if the 4 LED-LOOKING thing on my rear camera is supposed to be emitting light? Im not surr if its a led or something. My rear cam is too dark. Please help.

Thank you

You need to give us a clue as to which model of dashcam it is!

Some have infrared LEDs which you can't see the light with human eyes.

You need to give us a clue as to which model of dashcam it is!

Some have infrared LEDs which you can't see the light with human eyes.
The brand name is First Scene. Just bought it in the internet.

Yes hut they still have a few models, but i assume you have one of the mirror cameras

In that case the light on the reversing camera should just come on when you reverse i think, and if they are IR and 940 nm wavelength then you cant see the light with your eyes, only 840 nm you can see as a faint red glow.
But the footage ( low light ) i assume should have a purple glow to them, if it is the cheap no active IR cut filter type, which i think are the most common.
Putting a camera with light behind glass are often no good, cuz the light will reflect in the glass and so blind the camera, so cameras like that should be mounted on the outside and be waterproof.
In general we say the cameras with IR light are just a gimmick, in most cases the LED's are also too weak to have any range more than a few M, and often not even that far.

Back