First time hardwire help

devils6889

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all, I'm a noob when it comes to hardwiring stuff, but I have a b1w https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0773FXVKL and the hardwire kit https://www.amazon.com/gp/B075WPSZYH.

I dont use my car often, so I don't want parking mode at all, just a simple record when car's on, turn off completely when the car's off deal. I found an unused fuse slot that gets 12v when the car is on, 0 when it's off, and added the add a fuse to that. I connected the red power to that fuse, black to ground, and taped off the yellow.

The camera seems to turn on when the car's on, off when it's off. However, after leaving my car alone for 2 days, the battery was almost drained and very weak upon starting up. The dash cam is the only thing that could have done this in my mind. Did I wire something up incorrectly? Is it possible for it still to be drawing power even though it appears to be off with the car?

One thing thats bothering me a little is that the instructions for the kit say:
"red ignited power, black ground, yellow X: camera will record setup parking guard video when driving, power off when parked"
"red ignited power, black ground, yellow ignited power: camera will record normal while driving, power off when parked"
should i connect the yellow wire to another ignited source? Is that the problem maybe? If so, can I solder the red and yellow together and connect it to the single fuse on the add a fuse connector?

Thanks

I connected the red power to that fuse, black to ground, and taped off the yellow.
The dashcam B1W cannot read ACC signal, so it is okay to disconnect the yellow wire! And suggest you set up its cut-off value to be 12.2V or 12.0V on the hardwire kit!

The dashcam B1W cannot read ACC signal, so it is okay to disconnect the yellow wire! And suggest you set up its cut-off value to be 12.2V or 12.0V on the hardwire kit!

Does the cut-off value matter if the red is attached to a fuse that only gets voltage when the car is turned on?

The hardwire kit will monitor the battery voltage after ignition off!

Does the cut-off value matter if the red is attached to a fuse that only gets voltage when the car is turned on?
Nope.

I dont use my car often, so I don't want parking mode at all, just a simple record when car's on, turn off completely when the car's off deal. I found an unused fuse slot that gets 12v when the car is on, 0 when it's off, and added the add a fuse to that. I connected the red power to that fuse, black to ground, and taped off the yellow.

The camera seems to turn on when the car's on, off when it's off. However, after leaving my car alone for 2 days, the battery was almost drained and very weak upon starting up. The dash cam is the only thing that could have done this in my mind. Did I wire something up incorrectly? Is it possible for it still to be drawing power even though it appears to be off with the car?
If your power source really is 0V when the car is off, then the camera could not have drained your battery. Simple as that.

Hi all, I'm a noob when it comes to hardwiring stuff, but I have a b1w https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0773FXVKL and the hardwire kit https://www.amazon.com/gp/B075WPSZYH.

One thing thats bothering me a little is that the instructions for the kit say:
"red ignited power, black ground, yellow X: camera will record setup parking guard video when driving, power off when parked"
"red ignited power, black ground, yellow ignited power: camera will record normal while driving, power off when parked"
should i connect the yellow wire to another ignited source? Is that the problem maybe? If so, can I solder the red and yellow together and connect it to the single fuse on the add a fuse connector?

Thanks
No offense but that hardware kit is fudged up. I had 3 of them and all did the exact same thing, drained my two cars to almost flat, tried the last one, same thing few months later. I was lucky to get my batteries back up with a charger. It happened after like 3 months of use. Later switched to a different kit and works great, 1.5 year, no problem.

Back